Dear End Of The Semester, Why Do You Have To Be So Cruel?

Is there really only 24 hours in a day?
15

Why are days so short? Or at least they feel short. It's like I blink and I should be going to bed, but instead I'm staying up late finishing homework and writing odyssey articles because there is just not enough time in the 24-hours that each day holds.

It's that time of year again, where there is never enough time for anything. It's the time of year where college students and college campuses in general experience the chaos and madness called, "the end of the semester." It all begins as Easter break ends and you realize that the syllabuses you pushed to the side at the beginning of the semester, actually had due dates for projects and final exams on them that all happen within a two weeks span. Then you panic. You loose it and you frantically rush to get everything done.

As the end of the semester comes, there never seems to be enough time within each day to achieve everything you want to, so things get pushed farther and farther back, and you find yourself staying up late to finish everything you need to. Oh, end of the semester, why do you have to be so cruel? The cruel reality of the end of the semester produces college students who are sleep deprived, anxious, stressed out, and completely overwhelmed. It's the honest truth and I don't think there is anything we can do to change that. It's really just a balancing act and learning how to push through the chaos that ensues after Easter break, but I believe there is one thing we can do to help just a little bit.

When you get stressed out over the next few weeks, slow down. Yes, I know it sounds counterproductive, but please try it. When you take some time to recharge, you will be far more productive then if you were to just go non-stop. So, when you get overwhelmed within the next few weeks take a breath and stop to recharge. Also, remember that once you push through, there is rest. So, push through because summer is near. I know it seems like the tests, projects, and homework will never end. But, I promise you it will and until then, meditate on this: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."