Dear Diary Prompt: I Went On The Worst First Date Ever.

Dear Diary, I Went On The WORST First Date, And The Guy Harassed Me For 2 Years After

There won't be another.

114

Let the record show that this was my very first real date that a guy had taken me on. For sake of privacy, we will call him "X."

I knew this guy was into me because we had been texting for a while and he would always tell me how beautiful and smart I was etc. He was so sweet I figured "why not?" Looking back now, I would've slapped myself because this ended up being one of the worst dates I've ever been on.

We went to the movies, I was covering my bases and didn't really like when guys would drive me to dates because it meant I had no way out of it (terrible right?), so I had my mom take me — before you judge me, I was a junior in high school and he was a senior. We get to the movies and he asked if I wanted anything like popcorn or a soda, I politely declined because I wasn't super comfortable with someone buying me something in the first place. No problem right? WRONG.

Between the concessions and the theater, X was making comments under his breath like "I don't understand why," these comments clearly weren't meant for me to hear so I just shrugged them off. When we sat down for the movie he asked again, "Are you sure you don't want anything?" "Yes X, I'm sure, thank you though," he then replied, "Are you sure you don't want any candy or anything?" "No thank you." Unfortunately, those comments he kept making under his breath continued through the previews.

The previews finally ended and I was super uncomfortable at this point just because I had no idea why he was getting so frustrated.

He then asked, "Can I hold your hand?" I froze. I had never been asked that and most guys I had come across would just grab my hand and it wouldn't be weird but because I was uncomfortable I said, "um... not right now" (politely). The comments got so much more aggressive. He kept sighing and shifting in his seat and making comments under his breath like "are you kidding me?" At this point, I'm starting to get really angry because this was our first date, I didn't feel like I owed him anything.

He then asks to hold my hand again to which I, again, reject his request. I crawled out of my skin when the comments got louder and he stepped outside. I stayed to watch the movie and after about 15 minutes he came back and seemed more chilled out.

I was once again wrong. The rest of the movie he continued being angry with me because I wouldn't hold his hand.

As we were leaving we stood there in silence and when my mom pulled up he hugged me. I didn't hug back. Unfortunately, he wouldn't leave me alone after that, and it took two years for him to finally stop contacting me.

Never again will I go to the movies for a first date.

Check out our weekly Dear Diary prompts to share your own story!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.