Dad, Just Know These 11 Things

Dad, Just Know These 11 Things

You will always be a pig part of who I am.

40
Dad, Just Know These 11 Things
Flickr

Dad,

I need you to know that there are so many things I got from you. Know that I think of you whenever there's a good game on, when I'm on the court shooting hoops without you there to rebound for me, and whenever a song comes on that you used to play for me on the guitar. Know that there are certain things and qualities I will always share with you, and that I really am grateful for everything that we will always have in common. No matter what, you will always be a big part of who I am and everything I have become.

Dad, here is everything I want to say to you:

1. I think of you during Basketball, always.

I thought of you during every game of March Madness. Basketball was always our thing. We always watched March Madness together, and read Coach K's books together. You're the only person I want to talk to about UCONN losing.

2. The songs you used to play for me on your guitar always find me.

Thank you for making me the girl that can go from Drake to The Beatles 'real quick.' You gave me my wide variety of music in my library, and I am so thankful for that. For me, your favorite songs are a piece of your heart that I can always carry with me wherever I go in life.

3. I miss going to the gym with you.

Thank you for teaching me how to work out and how to fall in love with the process.Know that I miss going for walks with you, playing sports in the yard with you, and going to the gym together. Because of you, fitness is a huge part of who I am and what makes me happy.

4. You definitely gave me my ability to write.

Thank you for giving me my ability to write and encouraging me to be creative, different, and pursue my passions.

5. Thank you for teaching me not to be so serious all the time.

Thanks for giving me the ability to relax and go with the flow. Thank you for teaching me that it's okay to be all fun and distance yourself from the seriousness sometimes.

6. You totally gave me the gift of procrastinating...

I'm actually really good at procrastinating and still getting everything done just in time. Thank you for teaching me to have fun and live my life first, but also get sh** done when crunch time hits.

7. I love sports because of you.

I know I kind of covered this in number 1, but I had to come back to it. Because of you, I'm the girl that can participate in fantasy football, march madness brackets, and actually enjoy watching any type of sport. Thank you for teaching me how to play everything from basketball, tennis, soccer, and softball.

8. I want to thank you for making me the girl that loves all kinds of food.

Thanks for introducing me to so many of my favorite foods and teaching me not to be picky. I'm proud to be the girl that will eat a beast of a burger in front of my boyfriend.

10. I always think of the best advice you ever gave me: "feel the fear and do it any way."

You gave me the ability to pursue the things that scare me the most. Thanks dad.

and last, but not least,

11. Know that I love you.

This one is pretty simple. But I do and I need you to know that. Hopefully this article drove that home.