Dear Dad, I'm Still Your Little Girl

Dear Dad, I'm Still Your Little Girl

Time or distance cannot change that.

1387
Dear Dad, I'm Still Your Little Girl
Jessica Goddard

Dear Daddy,

I’m growing up. I know It’s sad and exciting all at the same time. I know you dread the day I no longer come home for summer breaks. I dread them too. I am your little girl and time or distance cannot change that.

You are the best dad in the world. You know how to make me laugh and you know exactly what to say when I am sobbing because of stress or stupid boys. Your advice and jokes will always be appreciated and cherished no matter the occasion.

Do you remember the pillow forts we used to build and the Scooby Doo Marathons we use to have? Because those are my favorite childhood memories. We would laugh and laugh until it hurt, at all the corny jokes the characters would tell. That is when you took on the role of my best friend and not just my dad.

You became my hero too. You work so hard for our family and you always make sure we have more than we need. It wasn’t easy having a family so young but you took it in strides and did everything in your power to make us all happy. I will never be able to thank you enough for that.

I don’t know where I would be without your endless support and love. You push me harder than anyone. I know that you’re always giving me your honest opinion, even if it is not what I want to hear. Which is why I trust you with everything. Because I know you have my back and you’ll fight for me. We have been through so much and yet you stand tall and strong resilient against it all. That is how you taught me to be strong and independent.

Thank you for setting an amazing example of what a good husband looks like. You spoil mom and love her unconditionally. You both lean on each other and work together as equals. You have taught me what a healthy relationship is and how fulfilling it can be to your life.

I know that as I get older you only worry more that I won’t need you but I can promise you that I always will. I’ll always be calling you to ask about the funny noise my car is making or how exactly I should go about fixing something. You’re my go-to guy and you always will be. Here is the thing about me growing up it doesn’t diminish what you do and have done for me it only allows me to appreciate it more and believe me I do.

So, what is next? I graduate. I move out and get a “big kid” job. Maybe I move further away from you and mom but at the end of the day, I am your little girl. I am still the same kid that looked up to you with shining hazel eyes and a big smile, wanting to be just like her daddy. Because he is her hero, her best friend, and the most important man in her life.

All My Love,

Your Little Girl