Dear Brock Turner

Dear Brock Turner

I hope you find yourself with this in front of you.

8
Dear Brock Turner
intouchweekly.com

Dear Brock Turner,

My name is Sang. I'm probably not relevant to you and I most likely won't ever be. It's been evident that in the past month, your name has become quite the interest with public and social media. Now, I know your punishment is far worse than 6 months *3 if on good behavior* because every American in the world knows your face; knows more about you than their neighbor. I was curious about you after an incident I underwent recently. I was walking home from a friend's place. It was definitely late, sometime around 3 am. As I was walking back to my apartment, I saw a girl in one of my writing classes that I always see and talk to. Nothing strange or unusual. I do understand that at 3 am, it isn't ideal to meet someone walking in the street, but when I saw her, I waved and said hello in a very friendly manner. I smiled and stood in place. However, she saw me and instantly tightened her posture. I noticed this right away and said something along the lines of, "No, no, it's Sam! We had Intro to the Essay together! We were partners!" but she grasped her book bag tightly in her arms and then full out sprinted away. It happened pretty fast, no pun intended, but I stood there motionless for awhile. Never in my life, has a stranger feared me. But then I began to think about you Brock and your ripple effect from the decision to take advantage of someone.

The thing with me is, Brock, I can't drink. I've been allergic to alcohol my whole life. Yeah, try and comprehend that. But I find it more of a blessing than a curse. I find it quite relieving that even in the most "lit" of nights, I'll always be able to be the designated driver. I'll always be someone that can consciously make decisions if others cannot. After four years at the University of Iowa, I've learned that there are many people like you. The people that constantly fight back this beast. You're identifiable when you drink alcohol and I'll always be there, observing your strange social behaviors and mannerisms. I just know, that if I was there that night, you would have never touched that girl. I've been protecting people from the likes of you for my entire life. And what you've done is made it worse for guys in this politically correct era of life we live in currently. Your "20 minutes of action" has had unprecedented backlash because the inequalities between both male and female populations has become quite obnoxiously obvious.

6 months? And 3 if you're on good behavior? I had to read about what your intentions were at the time. I tried to find an unbiased article or published piece that could write on your behalf and give people some perspective, but I couldn't. She was unconscious. In high school, I'm insinuating because you clearly enjoy the alcohol infused lifestyle, but in high school, did you ever blackout and get drawn on? Or did one of your friends ever experience this? I have, I've watched people draw horrible symbols, write terrible crude things, and draw male genitalia all over unconscious peoples' bodies. If you look at this objectively, you'll understand that when people become induced into that coma like state, they physically and mentally do not have the capacity to make decisions, consciously.

What you've done is distinctively show America where we have lost ourselves when it comes to this falsified hierarchy of power. You have shown people the true power of money and how it can elude your from even the worse sentencing. But you've also shown the world, how many good people there are with fantastic morals and principles.

Regardless of how long you rot in your cell, I know how much longer this sentence truly is. Maybe one day, you'l truly understand the weight of your decisions as a human being on the face of this planet.

I do not wish you any sincerity but I am genuine in everything that I have written.

Sang