Dear, Are We Protecting Women?

Dear, Are We Protecting Women?

Saying No To Sexual Harassment

7
The Larity Group

All over the world women have fallen victim to sexual harassment. Some get the right help but others get punished as if it's their fault. It is unfair and unjust. We need to protect ourselves from the creeps of the world. There are a lot of creeps out there but if we join together to protect women from the inappropriate actions from them, they will will not feel punished for speaking up about their troubles. Unfortunately many times we fail to assist the harassed women and punish them for what they go through.

This is such the case for a Teaneck substitute teacher. The male students in her class were acting very inappropriately. Once her back was turned they were taking photos of her butt and doing other gross things in full view of the female students in the classroom. Most people will say blame the parents but look at the students. The students don't think this will affect them later on in life but it will. "YOLO," or whatever they say these days are not an excuse. "Boys will be gentlemen," a family friend has told me in my youth. She has raised her son to be a gentleman and it shows.

This poor woman reported this harassment and does she get help? Nope, the school doesn't renew her contract. She got punished trying to get help to stop this abuse. Is it right? No, by all accounts, it is not right. This sends a clear message that the school doesn't care about the health or safety of the students or the teachers within its grounds. The school claimed they would follow up but they did not. All I have to say is that this isn't funny or cool. The poor woman is suffering now from many things and I feel very bad for her.