Why You Should Take A Day Trip To Baltimore

Spring Break did not show much “Spring” weather this year.

9
https://blogg.mah.se

Spring Break did not show much “Spring” weather this year. Instead, we had our one and only (hopefully) significant snow storm hit the east coast. I did not have many plans for break anyway, but the weather certainly put a downer on the week. While I enjoyed being snowed in for a day, I always get cabin fever pretty quickly. I had one day totally free during break and even though it was still pretty cold, I decided to make the most of it!

My boyfriend and I decided to take a day trip somewhere. We thought about New York City at first but decided against it since we wanted to save that for a warmer day or a weekend trip when we have more time to explore the city that never sleeps. Baltimore became the perfect choice because it was not very far away, and neither of us had been there in years! So we researched some things to do for the day, places to eat, and hit the road!

In Baltimore, we stayed around the Inner Harbor. It always amazes me when I go to a new city that is surrounded by a body of water. Thinking about it in my head, water and a city do not belong together. However, when I see it in person, it is one of the most beautiful sites I can see. I think water surrounding a city makes the city more attractive, and that is saying something since I am not a city girl at all. But I really enjoyed my time in Baltimore!

We started off just by walking around and taking in all of the gorgeous sites and views. We walked by stores and restaurants, investigating where we may want to go throughout the day. After exploring and taking a few mandatory selfies, we headed over to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum. It was a small place, but it was filled with weird and interesting artifacts. There were even interactive parts such as a mirror maze! It is definitely targeted at kids, but it was still a lot of fun! I enjoy whenever I get to be a little kid again and enjoy simple pleasures.

Next, we headed over to see Baltimore from above in their Top of the World observatory. I had done this in Philadelphia prior to my day trip, so I was very curious to see what the overview of another city looked like. Baltimore was different in many aspects such as their architecture. I noticed they did not have as many skyscrapers as Philadelphia, rather their buildings looked as if they made up individual villages that came together as one city. Also, instead of the buildings going straight up, there were several with different shapes. Another different aspect of architecture I noticed was the usage of bridges and linking buildings to one another with bridges, some indoor and others exposed. Of course, there was the amazing water view to be seen as well.

Moving on to our food for the day, instead of heading to Starbucks for an afternoon pick me up, we decided to check our a local cafe. Not only was it a cafe, it was a candy and ice cream store! To say we had an afternoon sugar rush is an understatement. I decided to try what the store called a “coffee a la mode.” It was a cup of coffee with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream in it. It was delicious! I drank the coffee as the ice cream melted, giving it a sweeter taste and I also ate a couple bites of the ice cream which tasted even better with the taste of the coffee mixed in. As a prequel for dinner, we decided to go to a restaurant called Dick’s Last Resort where they are known for their drinks and especially for being intentionally rude and sarcastic to you! It was certainly a fun and different experience! For dinner, we went to the Hardrock Cafe where we enjoyed all of the musical scenery along with the delicious food and drinks.

All in all, Baltimore was a very fun day trip! It may not have been Florida or Cancun, but I got to see a new place and the weather wasn't so bad after all! I definitely saw multiple outdoor places that I would love to check out in the summer time when the weather is nicer, along with the aquarium! Baltimore should be considered by more people when in search of a fun day trip!