One Day We Can Be Living The Dream, And The Next Day, It Could All Be Taken Away

Cherish and be grateful for what you have.

51

The human life is precious, life has no rhyme or reason as to why things happen, life is a valuable thing that should always be cherished.

We have all seen life be taken away from so many people throughout our lifetime, and it is indeed scary. There are so many stories out there of somebody's life being cut way too short due to something tragic happening. Simply put love into everything, be kind, be grateful and cherish it.

You never know when it could be your last day or someone you love's last day.

Nobody standing on this earth will ever understand why these things happen, but it is your job to fully comprehend that while you are breathing this air, it is precious and valuable.

Being alive will always be our greatest gift... even if you don't acknowledge that.

I want you to sit and think about all the things you have gone through, how to be positive, how to be grateful, how to acknowledge that you are still here and be thankful for all those thoughts that come through within.

Each and every one of us is living our own journey, we all take different paths, we all have different experiences and that is what makes us unique in that aspect. I am a firm believer that each loss paints us a picture of something eye opening that your eyes have never seen before.

It might be a lesson to make us wiser, an ache to make us stronger or simply something with deeper meaning.

Don't live in fear, live the life you have always dreamed about living. Always take the road less traveled because that road will always lead to the best memories... and never let your dreams just be dreams.

Don't ever be silent.

If you love somebody, tell them.

If you cherish somebody, tell them why.

If you are grateful for someone who stumbled into your life, share that. You never know what could happen to someone.

Never leave angry.

Always say I love you.

Be humble.

Be kind.

Be at peace with life no matter how many curve balls it throws at you because ultimately, it shaped you into the you that you are today.

Trust the path you are walking on.

Things may not make sense right now, but it is because you have yet to understand. There is a deeper meaning behind it all, so trust the process.

Life is all about changes and adapting throughout it, so trust that you have all the strength to get through it.

Wake up with the mindset that today will be a great day to be alive because thousands never woke up in this morning.

Stop focusing on that because it is Monday it will be a horrible day, be thankful you got to see another Monday.

Some days you won't be able to catch a break, but you only get thrown what you can handle.

I stumbled upon a poem I wanted to share on this topic:

I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on the tombstone
From the beginning...to the end

He noted that first came the date of birth
And spoke the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years

For that dash represents all the time
That they spent alive on earth.
And now only those who loved them
Know what that little line is worth

For it matters not, how much we own,
The cars...the house...the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.

So, think about this long and hard.
Are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left
That can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough
To consider what's true and real
And always try to understand
The way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect
And more often wear a smile,
Remembering this special dash
Might only last a little while

So, when your eulogy is being read
With your life's actions to rehash...
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent YOUR dash?

Live your dash to the absolute fullest, and never forget you woke up today: be grateful and blessed for that.