Dating your ex again

When you tell people you're talking to your ex again, you don't usually get the most delightful or positive feedback. They say things like "if it didn't work out the first time, then it's not going to work out at all" or "Don't you think it didn't last for a reason?" I'd be lying if these statements didn't stop me in my tracks and make me think twice about the decision I'm making, but they couldn't make me change my mind.

I'm not saying it's always a good idea to rekindle the flame between you and your ex-lover, sometimes it really did end for a reason. I'm talking about if they cheated on you or just downright did not respect you for who you are, then leave it at that and have enough self-respect to move on and leave them out of your life. If by chance it wasn't like that at all and things ended in a not so messy way, then what the heck, just go for it.

Odds are both of you have changed tremendously and dated other people since, which keep in mind is a great thing. Not that it's going to be like dating a whole new person or anything, they're still going to eat all of the almonds out of the trail mix and love the color blue, but it will be different. There is a whole new foundation of respect for each other. You both know what it's like without each other and with someone else and now there's a reason you have made it back to each other. It's not just comfortable and convenient to be together anymore, this time it's because you truly wanted back into this relationship.

Since you have been together before and no one is to say how long, but you have made millions of memories together no doubt. There are cities only you two have traveled, restaurants you've only been to together and plans only you two have talked about. Getting back together means you get to experience all of these things over again and more. Reliving some of your favorite memories with your new, but old boyfriend is some of the best fun you could have. The history you have together will only bring you closer in the end.

Getting back together with my ex-boyfriend was one of the better decisions I've made. I haven't been this happy in a long time. At first, I was a bit skeptical and nervous to just jump right back into something that ended over a year ago, but I am glad I did. So, going back to an ex isn't always a negative thing and if that's what you want to do, then do it. Do what makes you happy and don't feel guilty for it.