10 Things To Expect If You're In A Relationship With A Capricorn Man

I've been obsessed with horoscopes ever since I was in middle school, and got obsessed with matchmaking myself with the best horoscopes. Thus, every single time I met someone, I would ask them for their birthday and in turn, search them up to see what horoscope they were under.

I'm a Taurus, so the best matches were Pisces, Cancer, and Capricorns. And voila, my first boyfriend happened to be a Capricorn. But sometimes, being with a Capricorn can have its cons along with its perks. Here are 10 things to expect if you're in a relationship with a Capricorn.

They are workaholics... and sometimes that can be such a nuisance.

During times of work and hardworking standards, they can be such a role model, someone to look up to. They're so dependable that way and know exactly how to help you and allow you to get to the right solution almost immediately. But... they're always busy... with WORK. And when you just wanna have leisure time, they're on some random work app or some sort of investment app, or just commenting on their assignments. Or career. And the list goes on...

It feels like you're talking to a brick wall... sometimes...

They can be so quiet and mysterious even after you've gotten into a relationship with them. During the courting phase, you felt kinda happy that they opened up that tiny bit, and you actually thought they were gonna tell you their whole life story with you once you've gotten into a real committed relationship. SIKE. You think wrong. It's gonna take years before they do that. Heck, even then, you're only going to learn like 20 percent of their story. So yeah, don't even bother trying to break their wall down. You're just going to hurt yourself trying.

Once they commit to you, they will want to be with you for life.

In all seriousness here, they don't just get into a relationship with anybody. Once they find the one, they will make plans with you. They will want to settle down. Capricorn men don't just engage in meaningless hookups and small talk: they want to plan that future with you by working for your happiness.

They're more practical than emotional.

Emotions. What are they? They're very very practical, and sometimes when you want a listening ear and someone to hold you tight, you can't really look for that in a Capricorn man. He's just going to offer a list of solutions and tons of generic google searchable advice and pour them in your head. He means well, but he's just not sensitive like that.

They're very adventurous in bed, and sometimes it can be tiring.

It's not a bad thing, really. But their super large stamina in bed can tire you out, especially when they put you into various different positions where you feel like your body is about to break. But, being adventurous is always better than being stubborn about one position in bed, right? At least you can try that thing that you read about on the internet out with them, and they'll never complain about it being weird... because they've also wanted to try that one out.

They're very stubborn people, and they'll pull that silent treatment when they want you to stop talking.

You thought Tauruses were the most stubborn horoscope? Nope. Think again. Capricorns are incapable of thinking from a different perspective because they believe that their thoughts and morals are always correct. They want people to accept them how they are. And they won't listen. So... they get so silent that you may as well think that they disappeared into the ground. You gotta have a lot of patience if you want to date him.

They are very intense people.

Because this man knows what he wants and strives to get it, he can be very intense. With you. With his work. With himself. He sets a lot of goals and gets very upset and frustrated when he cannot achieve them. He has intense eye contact, and an intense way of loving you. He can get very protective: borderline possessive but he means well. His love can just get overboard, but if you're the same, then look nowhere else. He may just be the one.

They're not super romantic at first, but don't fret!

If you want this guy to bring roses to your doorstep and surprise you with a candlelight dinner, don't expect him to do so. In fact, you gotta teach this guy to do that. It's not innate for him. On the bright side, it is innate for him to help you with your homework and excel in school. It is also innate for him to push you to not lie in bed all day on a lazy day and teach you new things.

You will be one of his top priorities.

It can be hard for him to show you sometimes but don't fret, you're his No. 1 most important person. Next to his work/career probably. So, if you're an ambitious woman and know what you want, he'll fall head over heels for you in a second! He won't do anything that will move you further down his priority list unless it's his career. But he's just doing that so he can work for the future you guys will have together.

If you break his trust, it will be very difficult for him to accept you and love you the same way again.

Capricorn men are cautious for a reason, so don't break his heart or do anything behind his back. Because chances are, he will find out, since he's resourceful and smart that way. And once he does, he'll either dump you immediately or stick around and be very untrusting. You'll have to work up months or even years of trust for him to forgive you and love you genuinely again. It's very dangerous for anyone to play with his heartstrings: he can cut you out JUST like that.

There are many pros and cons of dating a Capricorn guy, but that goes for dating any other guy falling under different horoscopes.

Horoscopes aren't always accurate, but it's something I look toward as a guide, and as far as I'm concerned, this does relate to my man. And... I'm cool with that.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.