If You're Going To Date The Horse Girl, Just Accept That You Come Second

When other countless guys of the past broke our hearts, horses didn't.

610

Look, I know it may sound a little (a lot) harsh, but it's the truth. My horse is and always will be my number one priority.

My horse will come above most other things in life, and it's not to be selfish but rather because my horse is the one thing that has always been there for me. (Other than Jesus, of course.)

Us horse girls are really a different breed, and if you're going to be along for the ride (no pun intended) you're going to have to recognize that horses completed our lives long before you did. And not that you're not absolutely awesome, but you did come into our lives when we felt complete as is.

When other countless guys of the past broke our hearts, horses didn't. They caught our tears as we cried over how much we hated so and so for dating our ex that we were still in love with... or something like that, anyway.

We will choose to go to a horse show instead of going on a date or we'll do both but we'll most definitely show up to that fancy restaurant with "helmet hair."

Or, even better, in our breeches...

See, if you do make it far enough that we're actually feeling serious about you, then you have to pass the horse test. Yeah, that's right... you have to meet that other living, breathing thing we always talk about. Who knows, we may even have more than one.

If you meet our other "other half" and say something like, "Oh, OK." or "Oh, cool," we know that you don't actually think it's cool, and to be honest, that could cause us to think long and hard about this relationship.

I'm sure that you non-horse guys falling for horse-girls have your own passions and interests. Trust me, I really, really, really hate hockey, but if you're into it, then I can respect it. My horseback riding "thing" should be no different.

Yeah, dating the horse girl does mean you may come second, but if you meet the horse for the first time and say something like "wow so beautiful" you may be around for the long haul.