My Dad's Favorite Theme Songs

My Dad's Favorite Theme Songs

90
My Dad's Favorite Theme Songs
Youtube

My dad, a microbiologist for the public health department, the father of three girls, pastor's kid, and professional goofball; is a sing-songy man. Meaning that along with juggling all of life's responsibilities, he also spends approximately 17 hours each day singing and humming theme songs that correspond with his life in order to enhance otherwise dull actions.

To spice up my dad's daily routine of jogging from the couch to the restroom during commercial breaks, he often sings the theme song from the TV show "Emergency". This both enhances his speed by 15% along with creating a more exciting home atmosphere.

Another "on-the-go" song of sorts that my dad loves to sing when he is in "action mode" or speeding down the highway, is the theme from the popular 1966 Japanese cartoon, “Speed Racer”. When sung properly, my dad's black GMC Yukon quickly begins to transform into a white, sporty race car with the #5 draped around it's door.

Upon waking up from his nap (that he takes religiously from 5:30-6:30 PM every weekday), my dad will run excitedly downstairs for dinner, loudly whistling the widely known theme from "Mission Impossible". This too adds an air of excitement to the house.

Another theme song that my family will attest to my father singing often is that of 1977's "The Love Boat". This song becomes especially popular with my father when he is dancing around the house or on special days like my parents' anniversary.

And, whenever my dad is feeling saucy, you can prepare yourself to hear his jazzy humming rendition of the theme song from "James Bond".

Along with singing many classic TV show and movie theme songs, my dad is also fond of singing tunes that he has made a few modifications to.

For example, my father would go above and beyond the call of being an embarrassing parent by removing all of the lyrics from the "Digimon" theme song and replacing them with "Pokémon, Pokémon, Pokémon, Oh Poké" in order to annoy my sisters and I.

But my dad doesn't only modify songs to annoy his children, but to build them up. During my early childhood my father converted the lyrics from "Aladdin"'s "Prince Ali" from "Prince Ali-- fabulous he-- Ali Ababwa" to include my nickname (Taz-Wazzy); which now goes, "Taz-Wazzy-- fabulous she-- Ali a big girl".

My dad's last and more recent song modification is, however, completely unintentional. In order to express his excitement upon seeing CHP officers on the Interstate 8, my father will often start singing what he believes was the theme from "Highway Patrol" when it is really the phrase "Highway Patrol" sung to the theme song of "Adam 12"

Although my dad has several favorite theme songs from popular TV shows and movies, his favorite song to whistle or hum at least once a day is his own theme song. That is, "The Girl from Panema."