Dear Dad, Thank You

Dear Dad, Thank You

Thank you for everything, dad.

23
Dear Dad, Thank You

Dear dad,

You have been a light to my life and have done so much for me that I will never be able to thank you for enough, ever. This is just a letter to express how thankful and absolutely blessed I am to have you in my life. Ever since I can remember, you have been there for me. Through the smallest of things, to the bigger parts of my life, you have been there by my side. Here's a little thank you from me on some of the most wonderful things you have done and continue to do.

1. For being the best father a little girl could ask for.

From even before I can remember clearly, I know you were the best dad. You made my childhood absolutely incredible and I am so thankful for that. I remember you being there for every single event of mine, from the day I was born, kindergarten graduation to high school graduation, and from then on. You have always been completely involved in my life and you will never understand how much that means to me. Thank you for playing "Pretty Pretty Princess" with me, taking me to daddy-daughter dances year after year, and letting me play with whatever toys I wanted to. (And throwing me a bomb Tonka Trunk birthday party.) From taking my little sister and I on little adventures to the park, to traveling around the states, you and mom made my childhood memorable and amazing. You were always there to smash the spider in my room, check for monsters under my bed, and tuck me in and say goodnight. I'll never forget the "peace-out" with the peace sign and the thumbs up every single night before bed. You were the best dad little me could ask for, and the best dad I could ask for to this day.

2. For teaching me important life lessons.

As much as you know I sometimes hate to admit it, you are always right. I used to fight you on important life lessons because I thought I would be right, but I was always wrong in the end. So, I've learned that lesson too. In all seriousness, you have always given me the best pep talks and have calmed my anxieties and stresses countless times. "You be you. That's all you have control over." Thank you.

3. For being my best friend.

And I mean that. I can honestly come to you with anything and everything and you know me better than I know myself. Whether it be for advice, pep talks, or just catching up, I can count on you for anything. Your sense of humor matches mine so we always have hours of laughter together. I think that our relationship is the coolest thing in the world, and not many people can say that.

4. For supporting me always.

Every dream I've ever had, everything I've wanted to do, everywhere I have gone, you have always been supportive of me and had my back every step of the way. Even if my dreams are crazy, you help me achieve them. You've taught me to be independent and to trust myself. You've taught me that anything is possible when I put my mind and heart to it. Thank you.

5. For, most importantly, teaching me what love is.

Growing up, watching you love all of the women in your life taught me exactly what it means to be loved. You were always so (and still are) selfless, caring, kind, thoughtful, sentimental, and loving. I am the person that I am today because of you and there are not enough words in the world to thank you for that. Thank you for being the most wonderful person in my life and for loving me as much as you have my entire life. I am so beyond blessed. I'll always be your number one fan and your little girl. I love you, dad.