I Tried Cutting Carbs For One Week

I Tried Cutting Carbs For One Week

And I won't do it again...

111
I Tried Cutting Carbs For One Week

If you've read any of my previous articles, you know that I have been working out on a regular basis. While I may not always go to the gym, I find alternatives where time permits (such as yoga). This past week, I tried something different in the health and exercise world: cutting carbs.

When you think of cutting carbs, what comes to mind? Generally weightless and then dread (if you're anything like me). Yet, I decided to try it anyway.

Day one was actually really easy. You can get through anything for a day. I ate salad and soup. Basically, I spent the entire day trying to keep busy. While it wasn't great, it also wasn't something that I didn't imagine I could do for a week.

Then came Day two. Unlike my resolve to work out a little every day, my desire for carbs is more than I can apparently handle. On Day Two, I let myself have a half a grilled cheese with my soup and from there it was all downhill. So instead of some high and mighty documentation, let me tell you what I learned while I tried to cut carbs.

Carbs are needed. In order to maintain a healthy diet, believe it or not, you do need some carbs. They help fill you and keep you from being hungry. Just remember to pick healthy carb options and not sugary, fatty snacks.

Carbs are so much more tempting when you completely cut them out. Half a sandwich later, I was sliding down a slippery slope. My general rule of thumb on food is everything in moderation. When you can have a little every day or so, it makes cutting back so much easier!

Cutting carbs does not replace exercise. While it may be a good way to drop a few pounds in a week, cutting carbs is not the healthy way to go about losing weight. It's better to let yourself have some carb and workout than to cut and not workout.

Bottom line, your stomach may hate you if you cut carbs, and I'm not sure it's worth that.