20 Fall Dates That Don't Suck

20 Fall Dates That Don't Suck

Never complain about a boring date ever again.

107
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8395/8645557468_7898ac7428_b.jpg
Flickr

I know, I know, it can be so difficult to find something new and cool to do on a date. And yes, there are many different date options, but these are some of my favorites!

My boyfriend and I have found the time for these cool dates, as most don't take that much time, nor are they super expensive, so we use Groupon to make them more affordable! Don't be afraid to try something new, even if it seems dorky or lame, it will make for a great memory!

Hayrides and Corn Mazes

On a cold and crisp fall night, a hayride and a corn maze is a really cool date! Although October is over, some places might still offer haunted hayrides and spooky corn mazes. Groupon has some affordable options for some local, family owned farms, too, so keep an eye out for those!

Fairs and Carnivals

With the start of the North Florida Fair, date night has never been easier! Under the lights of the carnival rides and behind the mountains of sweet treats, you and your date might just have found the best date spot!

Pottery Night

A great way to demonstrate your creativity is through pottery! Whether you're molding your crafts from scratch or painting pots and vases, you and your date can make cute crafts for each other, a cute little memento from a great date!

Thrifting

Have you checked out the shops on Railroad or Gaines? There's always something cool to see when you go thrifting! Even if you're not looking to spend money, it's still a fun time to check out a big thrift store- you'll never know what you might find.

Open Houses

Ever wondered what other people's homes look like? Take your date to an Open House! It's a different type of date, which usually involves some sort of free samples and a sneak peek into someone else's home.

Sporting events

Fall is the best time for sports! With FSU football coming to an end, it's time to check out FSU basketball and baseball. Even if sports aren't your thing, it's still a fun time to get involved with other students and take part in some great FSU traditions.

Coffee Shops

Skip Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and check out the local coffee shops! Try a new place and find your favorite coffee. Some places have stacks of books or board games for customers, so try them out with your date!

First Friday

Here in Tallahassee, we have "First Friday," a local street event where vendors, local shops, and live music is happening, open to everyone on the first Friday of every month. It's a fun way to check out what's happening in your neighborhood and explore parts of your town that you've never had the chance to before.

Pet stores

If you've always wanted a pet but don't have the funds or the time, take your date to a pet store! It's a cute way to meet new animals and see how your date interacts with all of the different critters. Is your date more of a dog person or cat person, or do they go for the exotic pets? One way to find out!

Binge watching

When the weather is bad and there's nothing to do, it's a great time to binge watch indoors! You and your date can curl up under some blankets and finally get to that show you've both been talking about.

Picnics and hammocks

Head to Landis with a couple of hammocks and a picnic basket full of goodies for a cute little date! Bring some sandwiches and sodas, chips and candies, and hang out in your hammocks while enjoying the lovely fall weather. Bring a football or frisbee to toss around too!

Book stores

Nothing beats the smell of a new paperback book. Take your date to a book store and get lost in the aisles. Find a comfortable spot to sit and read the books, whether you buy them or not, and see what kind of books you're both interested in.

Museum Tours

When was the last time you felt like you were educated on a date? A museum date is perfect for those interested in learning more about natural history, space exploration, art, or anything else that museums tend to display. You and your date will have so much to talk about, even if the museum isn't that interesting.

Apple Picking

Not always a practical date idea if apples don't grow on trees around your area, but if you happen to know somewhere, apple picking is a cute date! Plus, you and your date can take candid photos of each other picking different types of apples off the trees!

Paintballing

For those looking to assert their dominance on the first date, paintballing is an excellent way to show your date you aren't afraid to get dirty. Play on teams or beat the crap out of each other, but either way, it will be a date you'll never forget.

Go-Karting

Another date for those with a competitive edge, go-karting is a cute way to show your competitive side while also impressing your date with your driving skills. Just keep in mind that helmet hair isn't very cute.

Take a Hike

Does your date love nature? Are you looking to get back into shape? Combine the two and take your date on a hike! Nature and exercise really bring people together, allowing for the admiration of the scenery and some time to be one with nature. Also, the weather is amazing for hiking!

Play 20 Questions

Not like the 20 Questions we played as high school freshmen, but sit and ask each other random questions that probably wouldn't come up in conversation. "If you had a self-portrait painted, what would you be wearing and what would you be doing?" "If you had an unlimited supply of bricks to build five things, what would you build?" Don't be afraid to be creative!

Dog walking

If you and your date love dogs, take your furry friends for a walk! Dog parks and dog walking are great ways to keep the conversation flowing, and you get to play with pups! Don't have a dog? Just ask people at the dog park if you could play with theirs!

Skateboarding or Bike Riding

If you enjoy living on the edge and aren't afraid of embarrassing yourself, go skateboarding or for a bike ride with your date! Even if you aren't good at it, they may take the time to show you how it's done, and possibly impress you with their wicked skills.