Conquering Writer's Block

Conquering Writer's Block

Want to cure your Writer's Block? Here are some things that might help.

18
Conquering Writer's Block
Teodora Petkova

As an aspiring writer, I struggle just as much as anyone when it comes to writing and generating ideas. You sit there, staring at your paper or screen with your mind blank, waiting for something to inspire you.

But alas, that never comes. The fire inside of you slowly dies down and you walk away to rest your brain. You return the next day well rested, ideas have flown through your mind all day and you sit there and...blank. You completely forget all of the incredible ideas you had and you get frustrated.

This is a common feeling for me and probably is for many other writers. Me personally, I have good ideas throughout the day but I can’t follow through because I get stuck writing. I end up with multiple beginnings and before I know it I’m ready to put it away because I don’t get anything accomplished.

I’m not sure what the cause of Writer’s Block is, but it annoys me.

One day in my English class, we were given a task. We had to write words or phrases on a piece of paper and so we completed the task with the five minute limit we had to do it.

The teacher made us pick one and write a short story on it, and it was actually something that was decent. It’s something writers use to help start their ideas and get their minds working.

Sometimes sitting in your normal spot doesn’t work. Maybe a change of scenery could help with Writer’s Block, you could draw inspiration from a fresh surrounding.

What helps me personally is getting really focused on my idea, then not stopping until I have a solid base for a story. Then I create something that I’m proud of.

So here are the things that I think can help you cure your Writer’s Block: set time limit writing words then writing a short story, change your writing area, or focus really hard.

Hopefully one of those things help you. I wish you the best of luck aspiring authors.