How To Cure The Post Graduate Blues

How To Cure The Post Graduate Blues

Everyone is traveling the world and I can barely afford my morning coffee.
5

Graduating college is a huge milestone and accomplishment in someone's life. However, with graduation comes the dreaded conversations that follow in the summer when family members ask how post grad life is treating you, what job you landed, when you're moving out, starting your life, etc. For many, this will spark an immediate rush of anxiety at the thought of doing half of those, or, for some they feel discouraged that none of that is falling into place yet and I'm here to tell you that it's okay. You're okay!

"Everything happens for a reason" and "good things come to those who wait" couldn't be more accurate in this circumstance. Everyone has their own timeline in which things will start falling into place, and that is okay! There is so much pressure in our society to have the perfect job lined up when you graduate, to move out at a certain age, to know exactly how you want to live your life, but in reality most of us post graduates do not know what we want to do with our lives.

The answer to these questions we get asked when we graduate is simple. We just don't know yet. If we are fortunate enough to be able to move back home, then why would we want to move out when we can save money? There is nothing wrong with moving back home after college to save money and learn how to get on our feet. There is also nothing wrong with not landing a dream job right after graduation. Some things in life are harder to come by, jobs being one of them. Don't be discouraged that everyone around you is getting a job and you aren't. Know that your time will come and it will all have been worth the wait.

Never compare yourself to anyone else but yourself. Trust that your life will fall into place when the time is right. For now, enjoy the wait and know that eventually you will get there. In the mean time, binge watch that Netflix show you've been wanting to see. Go to the Yoga or Barre class that you've been wanting to try for awhile now. Take a weekend vacation or go on a shopping spree. Do something you've always wanted to do but never had the time for because now, you have that time. For once, you don't have any responsibilities for the time being, which is okay! Once you get into a full time job, your life will be too hectic to do any of the things you actually want to do, so why not do them now when you have the time? Find your happiness, find a passion and go for it. Don't get down because you haven't found the dream life at 22. It will come, you just need patience. But for now, enjoy the ride.