Cuff Smart Jewelry

What if you could have a bracelet that wasn't just a piece of jewelry? What if that bracelet could buzz to notify you of important calls, be pressed to alert friends and family when you're in an emergency, and track your physical activity?

Well, you can have that! It's a piece of technology called cuff, and it's the genius idea behind the brand Cuff Smart Jewelry. A fairly new brand, Cuff Smart Jewelry debuted on February 18th, 2014 and founder Deepa Sood spoke at the Wearable World Congress in 2015. The Cuff is able to be removed and put into other jewelry pieces the brand sells. Cuff is small enough to fit into the brand's bracelets, necklaces, and keychains in a stylish way without being seen. The Cuff application is available on certain iOS and Android phones, on the App Store and Google Play Store. Cuff does not currently support tablets or any devices that aren't listed on the Supported Devices page on their website, although they are trying to expand.

Essentially, the Cuff Smart Jewelry line is like combining a Ringly which is a ring that notifies you about important calls and messages, the Companion safety app that allows you to alert family, friends, or emergency services with the tap of a button when you're in danger, and a FitBit that tracks your physical activity. Why get those three things when you could just have one? Although the products on the Cuff Smart Jewelry Website say 'coming soon,' you can purchase some of the collection online from Target, with prices ranging $59.99-119.99. They look nicer than the others, and don't require charging since their battery lasts up to a year!

Despite most of the Cuff Jewelry designs being geared towards women, this product would be good for anyone to have. Styles DVB, Lena, and The J are less extravagant in design. Most of the products also come in multiple colors, so you may pick what suits you best. Cuff Smart Jewelry would be great to have if you are often alone or out late at night, if you like to leave your phone in a bag or aren't constantly holding it, or if you want to be able to go an app to see your fitness activity. Wearable technology is still a relatively new market, and Cuff has competitive pricing in the field. The only downside about Cuff is that it is so new that you can't simply walk into the store and buy one. Hopefully this brand sticks around, and maybe Cuff will one day become a household name like FitBit. Cuff Smart Jewelry really is as smart as it is beautiful!

What is your opinion of the Cuff Smart Jewelry? Do you own any wearable technology? Let us know in the comments section below!