13 Reasons You Should Go On a Cruise Next Summer

Be the captain of your own destination.

101
@jakkaiser/Instagram

he wide-open ocean, new places, delicious food, a cruise is the ultimate vacation plan. When done right, they are also not too much more expensive than other major vacations!

1. New destinations

You can explore the places you have always wanted to visit, like Jamaica here! Isn't it beautiful!

2. Events on the ships

On the ship, you can attend Broadway shows, game shows, ice carving, marriage games, movie nights, and so much more! Each day you have a guide with all of the events that are happening that day!

3. Option to do as much or little you want

You can be the person that goes on an excursion at every destination, or just sit back on the ship and enjoy the view. It is all up to you.

4. Hit up multiple beaches in multiple countries

If beaches are your thing, this is such an easy way to hit up beaches you normally do not go to! There are only so many times you can go to Panama City Beach or Destin.

5. Food

You can enjoy the fine dining on the ship or enjoy the buffet options. Some ships even have a 24/7 pizza and ice cream bar. YUM!

6. New People

I have made many friends on a cruise ship and many I still keep in touch with years later. It is amazing how quickly you can make friends in a matter of a week.

7. Excursions

Getting off the ship and exploring your destination is the best part! From seeing sea turtles to zip lining in the snow to going snorkeling in a cave, there are so many things to do and see.

8. Easy to travel around

Cruise lines today go virtually anywhere. Want to go to Japan? There is a cruise for it. Want to go to Europe? There is a cruise for that too.

9. Kids/teen camp

If you have a younger sibling or a child of your own, there are areas on the ship that are dedicated just to them! Also, if you are 13-18, have no fear, there is an awesome area for you too, to hang out and meet new people your age.

10. Ocean View

There is something about looking out into the open ocean that is actually peaceful.

11. Able to be unplugged

Your phone while on the cruise will just be a camera. Unless you are willing to pay for some minutes to use the Internet, you will not be on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc while you are on the cruise. And trust me, it is for the better.

12. Instagram Pics (for later)

There are so many Instagram worthy moments when on a cruise. But save them for after you get back on the land.

13. Stories to tell

When the cruise is finally over, you will be filled with memories and stories you will never forget.

There is so much to do on and off a cruise ship. You will never be bored!