Cringe-Worthy Diary Entries, From Middle School To College

10 Raw, Hilarious Journal Moments

Here are my top-10 LOL-worthy journal moments.

266

Since I could write, I've always kept a journal. I have always been rather lax about writing every day causing many entries to be lengthy recounts of the events that had transpired since my last writing. My earlier journals consisted of shorter entries- lighthearted recounts of my day or the woes of being a care-free child- but with age came harder truths to swallow. The content of these notebooks grew with their author and I continue to write today.

Recently, I revisited my older journals. The collection is comprised of four books: a pink, hard-cover consisting of entries from ages eight to eleven, a purple, watercolor book holds my middle school days, a black, leather-bound journal containing prayers, and a neon multicolored notebook captured many high school and college dramas. Each journal has highs and lows transcribed in messy ink and graphite, sometimes there are doodles or lists of songs I simply couldn't stop listening to. It's amazing to me how things can change so quickly and how events that were important enough to me to write down were quickly forgotten with time.

So, with all that back-story you probably didn't need, here are my top-10 LOL-worthy journal moments.

1. The unfortunate spelling error of 2006.

You'll know it when you see it. Let's just say, that day was hectic.

2. This unfinished entry.

Why was I having a blast? Why was the entry cut short? I will never remember.

3. That one time I decided I would be a "responsible teen."

I was a pretty responsible teen, but the whole "I will make all A's in school" thing, yeah, that didn't happen.

4. When I thought I was gonna be an acclaimed writer so my entries started getting dramatic titles.

Good grief, I was naive.

5. Sometimes you just need a Snickers bar.

The cringiness of this journal entry knows no bounds.

6. When Mama had to hold me back so my sister didn't catch these hands... I'm still mad about that, man.

Don't draw on all my crap with permanent marker!

7. So, I trained a rooster like I was a dang falconer.

His name was Poachy, and he will be greatly missed.

8. When I put a hashtag in my journal.

It was a dark part of my life when I thought writing a hashtag before everything was funny... oh, wait, I still do. #SorryNotSorry

9. The hickey conspiracy of 2015.

Just to be clear, I've never given anyone a hickey, but for a week solid things were crazy

10. This excerpt from the entry entitled, "Common White Girl Vocab."

There were so many great, great definitions in this entry that it was hard to pick just one. Guess the "god-awful butt dance" lives on.