10 Ways Adonis and Bianca's Relationship Is A Millennial Love Story We're Here For

They go beyond the label of "relationship goals."

1062

There are so many couples on TV and in movies that people dove "relationship goals" or "OTP" (one true pairing. We have Bughead (Betty and Jughead), Delenia (Damon and Elena), and of course Rocky and Adrian. But not a lot of them are relatable to the people who watch these couples on screen.

But one couple who has been a fan favorite for a lot of people is the relationship between Adonis Creed and Bianca Taylor played by Michael B. Jordan and Tessa Thompson. In the first movie, we see them grow from being neighbors to becoming lovers and in the second film, we watch their relationship grow into a marriage and they become parents. All while we see them go through the ups and downs of this journey we call life.

1. They have the realest meet cute ever.

When Donnie moves to Philly into a loft building for millennials, he's disturbed by the music blaring from his downstairs neighbor. He goes down and bangs on the door, only to have the door open by Bianca who was in the middle of mixing her music. He can't even find words to say for a minute cause he's just hypnotized by this girl. It's something you don't usually see in dramatic movies and it isn't cheesy.

2. They both have personal goals.

They aren't that couple that is attached to the hip to each other. They both have their own personal goals and they love to see each other achieving their dreams. Adonis has that smile when he watches Bianca sing and Bianca would shadowbox when Adonis is fighting in the ring.

3. They motivate each other.

Having that person by your side cheering you on is the most motivating feeling a person can have. Both of these characters are in each other's corners during those big moments whether it be the biggest fight in your career or your first live concert in front of a whole crowd.

4. They keep each other grounded.

When they elevate in their careers, neither let's the other get a big head and reminds the person where they started and what's really important to them. When Adonis is going to fight Drago both times, Bianca keeps him in a stable ground especially after the beating he has after the first fight. She supports her man but at the same time, she keeps him in check when his ego gets the best of him.

5. They're willingly to make it work when life gets hard.

https://www.slashfilm.com/creed-2-trailer-breakdown/

In the movies, Adonis is beaten to a pulp by Viktor Drago and Bianca is at his side and helps him recover from the fight that could've taken his life. All while Bianca suffers from progressive hearing loss and eventually will go fully deaf. Most guys would just leave and not want to deal. But Adonis is willing to make it work with her because of love. He even starts learning sign language with her so he could communicate with her. Name a guy who takes the time to be there for his girl.

6. They genuinely love each other.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/313563192800449398/?lp=true

Their relationship is more than just a sexual relationship, they are both lovers and friends. They are two characters who appear as closed off are able to actual conversations with each other about their hopes and fears. The only person Adonis can talk to about the pressures of having the name "Creed" and having to live up to his father's legacy is Bianca. Bianca opens up to Adonis about her hearing loss and her fear of their own kids having the same condition genetically. Between the first and second movie, we see a relationship established over three years and the puppy love that the started at grew to a genuine real love.

7. Their little family is so beautiful.

We see Adonis and Bianca have a daughter in Creed 2 and we see them become new parents. A lot of people loved seeing the black family displayed in movies so beautifully. One of the heart-wrenching challenges they face is when their daughter, Amara, is born deaf and we see them both go through the devastating news and finding the strength in each other to be there strong for their baby. We see them at the end of the movie visiting Apollo's grave and she has the same hearing aids her mother has, foreshadowing them being a united front as a family and future children to come in the next movies.

8. They are a team in and outside the ring.

Not only are they a team as a couple, but they're also a team in life. Whether it be raising a family or going into a fight, they got each other's back. They move across the country from Philadelphia to Los Angelas together to start their new life and go through expecting a baby. Going through life's moments and being the safety net for the other person.

9. They can keep it 100 with each other.

This couple has a "No BS Rule" meaning they are honest and don't keep secrets from each other. Whatever's going on, they aren't afraid to check to other person and be truthful with each other at the same time. Their moments just laying down on the floor and just letting the other person in is just touching.

10. Their romance is not picture perfect but it's real love.

All the moments they have together are not what you expect in a basic love story. Case in point, When Donnie gets into a fight at Bianca's show, she's scared at the kind of person he becomes when he's angry. But later we see her fly to London to be there for his first official fight and she's able to understand how much pain he's kept in over so many years and he felt safe to finally let it go. Fast forward to Creed 2 when he proposes to Bianca, she couldn't hear him the first time and he was able to shake off the nerves and spoke from the heart. What makes their story so beautiful and genuine are that those moments are real and it shows two people falling in love.