Returning From COVID-19
News

Returning From COVID-19

Do You Really Want to Return Things to Being EXACTLY the Same?

7
Returning From COVID-19

Although I'm so tired of COVID-19 and being out of work. And being in Quarantine. And not being able to see my family and my friends. Not being allowed to randomly go to any store or any restaurant for that matter. I'm tired of being stuck indoors. I'm tired of celebrating events without people. Without people surrounding you, congratulating you, supporting you, and just being around. I'm tired of doing the same thing day in and day out. I'm tired of having to wear a mask shopping and rubber gloves. The mask fogs up my glasses and my hands sweat in the rubber gloves. I'm tired of being a people person and being nowhere near people. COVID-19 I wish you were gone.

But then again yes I want COVID-19 gone but do I want things to return exactly back to normal? I can guarantee when I return to work I'll be trying harder and complaining less because in all honesty I'll be happy to be back. I'll enjoy returning home just a bit more because I'll be able to leave again. I'll enjoy the moments with family and friends more because it will have been such a long time since I've seen them. I'll enjoy my random store visits. I'll not be bugged by restaurant crowds and buzzes from kids in the restaurant being too loud. I'll enjoy being able to return to being indoors and being freely able to go. I'll enjoy choosing to be home when I need it or want too. I'll enjoy being supported and celebrating with my friends just a bit more. I'll be excited to get out of routine a bit. I'll be more flexible. I'll be cautious of how close I am to people and considerate about how many things I touch inside the store and just back on the shelf. I'll be excited to be around people again.

I promise after COVID-19 is gone I hope to continue building deeper into my friendships and relationships. I hope to stay in better contact with people. When someone needs a hug I'll be more compassionate. I'll be more honest with people. I'll appreciate the buzz around society again. I hope to continue getting out and walking more. I hope to continue walking and bonding with my precious puppy. I hope to continue digging deeper and staying closer to God than I have in such a long time. I'll appreciate students more.

I don't know about you but I don't want things to return back to being exactly the same after COVID-19.