Coverage of The Roast of Rob Lowe

Coverage of The Roast of Rob Lowe

Ann Coulter seems stiff and conservative, but she gets wild in the sheets... Just ask the Klan

197
Coverage of The Roast of Rob Lowe
Comedy Central

In case you missed it Comedy Central did a roast of actor Rob Lowe. Rob Lowe is not only known for his acting in television and movies, but his in court too. After overcoming a sex addiction, a cocaine addiction and an alcohol addiction Rob Lowe is the perfect comeback kid. Rob was hit hard about his poor acting skills, addictions, good looks and sex tape scandals one of which included a sixteen year old girl. Now, in his defense.... There isn't one. This is a collection of the best jokes of the night and some thoughts on the roast.

David Spade- Roastmaster and Co-Star with Rob in Tommy Boy

"For years, Rob Lowe had a sex addiction. But he cured it by becoming less famous."

"It's not easy being Rob. He said being so handsome made it difficult for him to find meaningful roles. I wanted to ask Brad Pitt about that, but he was too busy acting in meaningful roles."

"Is Pete white? Is he black? Ann Coulter needs to know so she can decide if she hates him. Pete i thought you were black but I guess you just have your dad's ashy skin." If you don't know Pete Davidson's dad was a first-responder in 9/11 and died that day.

"She seems stiff and conservative, but Ann gets wild in the sheets. Just ask the Klan. It looks like she's having a good time. I haven't seen her laugh this hard since Trayvon Martin got shot."

Spade kept the roast going with a lot of laughs and hit a lot of the different roasters multiple times to keep it entertaining.

Pete Davidson- Known for Saturday Night Live and having a dead father.

"Peyton (Manning) I love all of your work. Especially when I saw you in "The Goonies" yelling,'Hey You Guys!'"

"Ann Coulter if you're here who is scaring the crows away from our crops?"

"People call Rob Lowe a bad actor, but that’s because they never saw him tell his wife he didn’t f— that nanny."

"Last year we had Martha Stewart who sells sheets and now we have Ann Coulter who cuts eye holes in them."

"Rob (Riggle) was a Marine. The few, the proud-- Which also describes his fans."

Pete Davidson was put on this roast because he nailed it at the Roast of Justin Bieber last year. He did very well this year and was even more aggressive and roasted everyone just a bit harder. Last year he made a Paul Walker joke and it was cut from airing, just to give you his sense of humor.

Rob Riggle- Comedian, Actor known for SNL and goofy comedy movies

"Hey Ralph Macchio is here! The Karate Kid II is the worst sequel since WWII — and Pat Morita had to suffer through both."

"Holy shit, is that Ann Coulter? Ann Coulter is here, which can mean only one thing: Someone must’ve said her name three times. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice."

"The only thing shorter than David Spade is Jewel’s greatest hits album."

Rob did a good job. He was very funny and had a very funny set. He moved very quickly and didn't make it about him. He did a lot of yelling, but that is just his style and it's not aggressive. I wouldn't mind seeing him on another roast.

Jewel- I guess she's a musician?

"Peyton Manning is here because Eli is still out there making his dad proud."

"Jeff Ross is going to party like it’s 1999. Ann Coulter is going to vote like It’s 1899."

"Who doesn’t love Ralph Macchio? Bill collectors. And actual karate masters. And real actors. Italians. You know: people."

Jewel may not be relevant in the music industry anymore but she made fun of Rob Lowe to the tune of her song, "You Were Meant For Me" I thought she was very good and had a lot of great Ann Coulter burns. There were too many to put in this article.

Jimmy Carr- British comedian

"Peyton, you look like if a kid with Down Syndrome wished he was big."

"Ralph Macchio was at the very top of the list, and that list was marked: Worst-case scenario."

"Rob has been involved with four lawsuits with former nannies. He’s the only person I know who books a babysitter for a night in. But seriously, Rob says he didn’t (have sex) with those nannies, and I believe him, because he’s either telling the truth, or he’s the best actor in the world."

"I'm appalled that people would come here and make jokes about the sacrifice Pete's heroic father made on 9/11. This isn't the roast of Pete's father. That was in 2001."

Jimmy also had some harsh words for Ann Coulter and did NOT hold back. It was very interesting to see someone from across the pond have that great of a performance here in the states.

Peyton Manning- Retired NFL Quarterback

eyton Manning was most definitely made fun of at this roast, but he had some great jokes that other people wrote for him:

"I know you guys use different words [in England]. Here in America, Jimmy Carr means: 'We couldn’t get Russell Brand.'"

"The only thing you’ve been consistently on is Twitter, which is surprising because you’ve never been able to master one character, let alone 140."

"I’m not the only athlete up here tonight. As you all know earlier this year, Ann Coulter won the Kentucky Derby. Congrats on that, Ann. Great job."

Not bad for a professional athlete. He knows how to take the heat and he did it with a smile on his gigantic head!

Nikki Glaser- A hotter and less funny version of Amy Schumer

"Jewel is here. Or as I call her: Trailer Swift."

"Rob defies age ... restrictions."

"You look like you’re sculpted. You put the statue in statutory rape."

"Rob Riggle, I want to thank you for fighting the war against terrorism... and subtlety."

She was very good, also had strong words for Ann Coulter and pretty quick to the punch. Flowed well and would make Amy Schumer I mean her parents proud.

Ralph Macchio- Rob's Co-Star in The Outsiders

"Peyton Manning wrote a children's book. It wasn't meant to be a children's book, but he did the best he could."

"They see you f— a 16-year-old and they’re like, 'Hmm, he looks like he can work in the White House.'"

Ralph Macchio was okay. He talked a lot about himself and made himself the butt of the joke a lot. It wasn't the best performance but not as bad as some other people.

Ann Coulter- The one random "famous" person who had no idea what was going on

Aaaaaaand that was it. She tried to make political jokes it was a disaster. She clearly didn't hire good joke writers. The biggest laugh during her set was actually the gif of Pete Davidson above. She tried to make a joke about Pete not being biracial and he mocked her saying, "HA! Good one!" in the most sarcastic tone I have ever heard. She will clearly not be asked back by Comedy Central.

Jeff Ross- He's on EVERY roast

"Rob Lowe. Or as the girl in the sex tape said: Rob, no!"

"Ann what happened? You wrote 11 books but you couldn't write a single f—ing joke?"

"I just got Peyton Manning's new book. It's called: Football Good, Fire Bad."

Jeff was pretty good at the roast. He was a little sub par this time, but he's running out of jokes. We all love Jeff Ross, but it has gotten to the point where he made a show based on roasts, it is called Roast Battle.

And of course, Rob Lowe

Rob had a lot thrown at him, but he wasn't afraid to throw it right back at them.

"Jewel has performed for the pope. In fact, it's the reason the pope insists on always being in a soundproof glass box."

"SNL has just released a compilation of David's best sketches, it's called, "The Best of Chris Farley"

"Pete, your performance tonight was a fitting tribute to your dad because it was like watching a third plane hit the World Trade Center."

This was one of the best roasts I have seen. This trumps last year's roast of Justin Bieber and can't wait to see who they roast next. There are some people who can't handle these kinds of jokes and will get offended. There will always be people who will be offended, but we don't care if they watch this or not. The Roast of Rob Lowe was absolutely hysterical and I have been watching it on a loop ever since it aired. If you like roasts I highly recommend it. If you can't handle being an adult don't waste your time.