Summer To Do List

To The One Counting Down The Days Until The End Of Summer, Try This

Lana Del Rey put it best: I have that summertime sadness.

397
Meagan Wilkins
Meagan Wilkins

I've always hated summers. Growing up, I loved school, I loved my friends, and I loved my structured schedule. When I was forced to take a break from these in the summer, I hated it. It was nice for about a week, but after that, I always got super bored and depressed. Lana Del Rey put it best: I have that summertime sadness. The one thing that keeps me going during these long summers is the fact that they always end. I just have to make it through the summer and I'll be fine. As a result, I've compiled a list of things you can do to pass the time during a long summer.

1. Get a job

The most obvious way to make time go faster over the summer is to get a job. You can make some money that you'll inevitably spend, build your resumé, and keep that structure that you have during the school year.

2. Take summer classes

Another great way to pass the time is to continue your school year. If you have the money, take summer classes online, on campus, or abroad and get ahead in your studies.

3. Go on trips

Whether you choose to study abroad for the whole summer, go on a family trip for a couple weeks, or go to a lake for the day, going on trips will help your summer fly by. It gives you something to focus on, plan, and look forward to.

4. Read

If you're like me, you love to read but have no time for it during the year. If this is the case, use your summer to catch up on your reading. Set a goal for the number of books you want to read and see if you can surpass it.

5. Craft

Something else I don't have time for during the year is crafting. I love to paint, draw, and try out things I find on Pinterest, but I never have the time. If you enjoy these things, use your extra time in the summer to get a little crafty.

6. Excercise

The worst thing you can do in the summer is sit around and watch television all day. Whether it is outside or at a gym, get up and get moving. Build healthy habits now that you can continue during the year.

7. Spend time with loved ones

One of the most important things you should do with your extra time is devote it to your loved ones. Whether it's your significant other, friends, or family, invest in your relationships and make them stronger.

8. Try something new

Have you always wanted to try something but never got around to it? Now's your time to shine. You have the time, just do it. There's no time like the present.

9. Clean out your closet

If all else fails, clean out your closet. I guarantee that you have not gone through your clothes in quite some time. Stay organized and on top of it by giving away the clothes that you no longer need, want, or fit into.

10. Get ahead

Like I said before, there's no time like the present. If you know that you'll need to do something in the future and you are able to do it now, then do it! Get ahead in school, extracurriculars, and life.

If you're like me, summers prove to be very difficult. Just because they're difficult, however, does not mean you need to waste them. Pass the time by being productive. It'll be worth it.