Yes, Coronavirus Porn Is A Thing

Coronavirus Porn Is Apparently A Thing And Honestly, I Find It Amusing

Quarantine and chill?

473
Pornhub

Whenever there's global news, it shows up in daily conversation — trending topics online, pop culture and even porn as well. When I first found out that "coronavirus porn" has been a top trending search on Pornhub, I originally thought it was a joke so I immediately went to the website to see for myself. Much to my amusement, I found over 1,000 results of videos with people getting it on in yellow decontamination suits, protective face masks, and medical gear.

This week Pornhub released analytics on the changes in daily traffic level as it pertains to the outbreak of the Coronavirus since early February. As expected, due to increased social distancing, complete self-isolation, and working from home, Pornhub saw a jump in Worldwide traffic up to 11.6 percent as of March 17.

Here are some of the most interesting findings:

People are choosing to visit Pornhub at different times than usual.

In 2019, the average peak time for traffic on Pornhub was between 10 p.m. and midnight. Now the most significant time changes happen early in the morning at around 3 a.m. and early in the afternoon at 1 p.m. This could be due to the fact that many people have been advised to self-quarantine and work from home so now they're staying up later and sleeping in longer.

Searches containing “coronavirus” and “corona virus” are growing at a fast rate.

In the past 30 days, Pornhub's statisticians recorded more than 9.1 million searches containing either "corona" or "covid."

Website visitors from Slovakia are the most likely to search for coronavirus porn.

In comparison to the rest of the world, visitors from Slovakia are 119 percent more likely to search for coronavirus-related content on Pornhub, followed by Bulgaria, Ireland, Malaysia, and Serbia.

Within the United Kingdom, Scotland has shown the biggest change in porn traffic.

On March 12, Scotland had the biggest hourly traffic increase in the U.K. by 15.3 percent.

Within the United States, visitors from Washington, D.C. are the most likely to search for coronavirus porn.

According to the stats, D.C. visitors are 33 percent more likely than any other place in the U.S. to search for coronavirus porn, followed by New York, Washington State, and West Virginia.

All giggles aside, this pandemic is beyond our control so naturally, it may leave us feeling anxious and uncertain about what the future holds, so if viewing or getting off from coronavirus porn can help lighten the mood then, by all means, do it.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.