Why Corinne From 'The Bachelor' Is So Controversial

Her appearance on the hit reality show has people talking, and not in a good way.

13
People Dot Com

'Bachelor' fans across the nations just love those contestants that immediately put themselves in the spotlight of being the season's "villain." It's only week 4 of Nick Viall's season of 'The Bachelor' and there has already been one woman who has stood out to be this ultimate villian: Corinne Olympios.

Corinne has stopped at nothing to impress Viall; from taking off her bikini top in a wedding photoshoot and having him cup her bare bosoms to putting lingerie on under a trench coat and having Nick lick whipped cream off of her chest to even bringing a bouncy house to the mansion and straddle him in it while wearing a bikini. And as she's shown in the past 3 weeks, she's "not here to make friends," rubbing almost every other woman in the house the wrong way.

Olympios has not been shy in using her sexuality to get attention from one of the most eligible bachelors in America but to what extent will she continue to rely on her body? This is why she is such a controversy in herself because women should be able to put themselves out there in a way to be able to attract a guy that they're interested in, yet needing to be aware of boundaries. Women shouldn't have to solely rely on looks and sexuality to be able to spark romantic interest. A relationship should be a healthy combination between mental and physical attraction, and so far Corinne has only shown half of that equation.

If you were to search "Corinne" on Twitter and you will see how many fans, especially women, slut shame her and call her a "whore" and a "hoe;" and by no means am I defending her actions but there is no reason why women should be "slut shaming" other women. As a woman, I feel like we all have to stick together and have respect for one another and the decisions that each one of us make. That being said, we should also be there to reassure other women that they don't need to throw themselves at men to get attention. Women should set high standards for themselves because we deserve respect and aren't here just to please men.

So next time you're watching 'The Bachelor' and see Corinne on there flaunting herself around Nick, just think of all the other women that also feel like they need to behave this way to get attention and understand that they just need some type of reassurance in another aspect of themselves.