The Struggle of A College Student, As Told By My Own Cats

They're very relatable, even if they don't actually go to school.

33

Despite what your fellow dog-fiends may think, cats can be very sympathetic to human struggles. A cat's purr is actually therapeutic and no one can overstate the comfort of a kitten's cuddle. Sure, man's best friend may be a dog, but my best friend is definitely a cat.

I often find myself envious of my own cats: they sleep all day, everyone wants to play with them, and they instantly grasp anyone's attention with their cuteness. Even though they can escape the struggle of everyday human life, they still somehow find a way to be relatable. Whenever I am feeling bogged-down with the stresses of college, they seem to understand how I'm feeling.

Life Knocks Us Down

Ania Korpanty

School can be overwhelming and you can't always handle it as well as you hope.

We Are Always Tired

Ania Korpanty

Just like my cat can fall asleep on the middle of my carpet, so can I.

We Can Find Ourselves in Strange Situations

Ania Korpanty

College brings some weird twists and turns, and sometimes you have to adjust to an uncomfortable position.

People Get in Our Business

Ania Korpanty

We all just need space sometimes, but not everyone understands the concept of alone time in college.

Our Free Time is Sleep Time

Ania Korpanty

If you have a twenty-minute break in-between two classes, that means taking a cat nap in the library.

We All Need a Hug Once in a While

Ania Korpanty

The most comforting thing in college can be someone just showing a little affection.

All We Want is Carbs

Ania Korpanty

One thing college students and my cat have in common: they both love pasta.

Waking Up is a Struggle

Ania Korpanty

That feeling when you have to turn on the lights and get ready for your 8:00 AM class.

We are in Desperate Need of Sunlight

We never go outside, so we're all pale and sad.

We Just Want Fuzzy Blankets

Ania Korpanty

The best part of the day is when you can leave the library and come home to your bed.

We Need A Little Company Sometimes

Ania Korpanty

There's nothing like spending some quality time with a friend.

Who is supposedly "man's best friend" again?