What To Talk About With Old Friends
Education

A List Of Conversation Starters To Keep In Your Pocket

You can only talk about the weather for so long.

67
https://www.pexels.com/photo/four-women-in-front-of-green-bushes-1037989/

When us college kids are home from school we see people we haven't seen in months or maybe even years. Including old friends from high school. So much happens within a year that it can be impossible to know where to start the conversation. There's so much to say and so much backstory to each story it can seem impossible to talk about anything other than saying school is good and your classes were hard. We can only handle so much small talk, so I'm here to hand you a list of conversation starters for situations like this.

1. Animal Attacks

I've had mice living in my house all year and while they are annoying the adventures of trying to catch them are certainly entertaining.

2. Horrible Professors

Everyone has at least one horrible professor a semester and it is something we can all relate to. Plus it is a great way to get others to contribute with their own stories.

3. Roommate Horror Stories

Not everyone has one of these, but if you do it makes a great story. Everyone likes to hear about the disaster of a roommate you had freshmen year.

4. Romance

If you had a dating disaster or started dating someone new since you've last seen this group of friends nothing is a better conversation starter.

5. That One Really Fun Thing You And Your Friends Did

Everyone has at least one story of the super fun thing they did with their friends. It could be going on a roadtrip, going camping or even having a baking disaster. Whatever the one really fun thing you did was it sure makes a great conversation starter.