Controlling Emotions

Sometimes, learning to control our emotions can be difficult. We get in a bad mood and no matter what we try to do or say, it seems almost impossible to make it better.

It's even harder to do when you find yourself on the other end of the spectrum. Watching someone battle with emotions can be really difficult and hard to do. Sometimes, you feel like you're doing something to make them this way or that you've tried everything that you can to make it better.

First off, know that this is no where near your fault. I know that sometimes, when your loved one is going through the emotions, it might seem that you might have done something wrong. It's really important to realize that their emotions is their emotions. How they choose to feel is up to them and their brain. I know people that were wronged by the same person over and over again yet they show no signs of getting angry. This is because this is how they choose to feel about the situation. No matter how you treat someone, you have no say in how they will feel.

Second off, it's important to know that it's okay to sometimes not know what to do. There are times when all you really can do is just step back and let them figure it out on their own. Just listen to them whenever they need. That is the most important thing I think anyone can do. Most of the time, people just tell you their problems just because no one else will listen to them. You don't have to give them life changing advice, just listen.

Much Love Always. -Addison.