15 More Generic Things About Life, Love, Success, And Failures

"15. Do what you can."

137
pexels.com

I did warn everyone that my previous article wasn't the end of my many listicles so as promised, here's yet another (continued) list of generic lessons about life, love, success, and some failures.

1. Spend time with people who uplift you.

This goes for people you may look up to. Those of us who inspire us to do better. The ones in our lives we always look forward to spending time together. These are the people that we will go through crucial milestones with and they're the same people who will help you rise to great heights.

2. If someone acts like they don't care about, it's true: they do not care about you.

Unfortunately, this goes for both friendships and romantic relationships. Half-assed efforts or not, if they're acting like they don't care then chances are, they don't.

3. Nobody is perfect.

People make mistakes and misunderstandings are made on the daily.

4. Nobody is perfect but there are things that are straight inexcusable.

There's a fine line between a "common error" and mistrust. It's laughable to think that the act, whatever it is, is excusable.

5. College either matures you or keeps you frozen in time.

By this I mean this: you can either learn from your constant dilly-dallying or stay right where you were in second semester sophomore year.

6. Respect is directly equivalent to the act of cheating.

Both go hand in hand and not many things in life are as black and white as these two things.

7. You will get over it.

Take it from a person who once upon a time thought she'd never get over anything: life goes on as smoothly and efficiently as you want it to.

8. Strive to be the kindest person in the room.

Niceness goes the whole way.

9. Take care of yourself intellectually.

Do what you have to do to excel in your classes and get yourself ahead before spending your time on anything else.

10. It's easy to figure out whether or not someone is wasting your time.

Your very important time that no one has the ability to ever take away unless you allow it. Choose wisely who you decide to spend this time and energy on.

11. You have to fall several times to rise back up again.

I truly believe that in order to see progress in one's failures, it's crucial to be able to step back from the many fallen times, assess the situation you're in and go back at it again.

12. TRUST. YOUR. GUT.

It's one of the only non-manmade things to exist that will never steer us wrong.

13. Expect nothing but be grateful for whatever comes your way.

It's fairly easy to raise one's expectations to something ideal but once you get into the mindset of nobody having to owe you anything, everything that comes after it will come as a genuine surprise.

14. Time heals all wounds.

So stop re-reading past conversations and reminiscing about the times he didn't cheat on you. The past is the past for good reason.

15. Do what you can.

If making your infamous "low cal" drink that consists of two shots of New Am, seltzer, a lemon wedge and three ice cubes makes you feel better about the amount of alcohol you'll e drinking next weekend, so be it. We're all just doing little things to make this already challenging life a little less challenging.