Addison Russel lost everything
Health Wellness

Congratulations Addison Russell, You Lost Everything

A picture is not worth a thousand words because a picture does not tell the whole story.

227

If you are not a baseball junkie like me, you are probably wondering who Addison Russel is and why he lost everything. Well, Addison Russel is/was the shortstop for the Chicago Cubs. The only reason I say was is because his ex-wife, Melisa Reidy, wrote a blog post about why she divorced the baseball player, and he has now been placed on administrative leave from the MLB after claims of domestic violence.

I can remember thinking, when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, that the Russell family was this happy family. I mean he was a Major League Baseball player who married a beautiful woman, and they had a beautiful son together. But they had me and everyone else fooled because just a few months later she announced she was divorcing the shortstop. At the time, she did not say herself why she was divorcing him, but baseball fans were lashing at her because of her choice to separate from her husband. A friend of Reidy's replied to one of the trolls, and speculations that Addison Russell beat his wife arose.

Fast forward a year since these speculations came about. Reidy just recently posted a very graphic blog post about the domestic violence happening in her life. I will not go too into detail, but she described that Russell would cheat on her, call her names, and the violence would sometimes get physical. She remembers thinking that it must just be the stress of his work because baseball can get stressful, but she knows now, that it was not just stress. She remembers being so embarrassed to be around anyone because he made her feel less than nothing. She remembers him ignoring her for days at a time. She tried to stay together and civil for the sake of their son, but she quickly learned that circumstances were not going to get better and got herself out of the situation.

Addison Russell has lost everything and deserves it. Not only has he temporarily lost his job and the respect of MLB fans, but he lost the most loyal woman and his son. He will never have the same bond with his son now. He will never be able to get another woman to trust him because he is a monster. A monster who does not respect women.