What Every Skinny Girl Wishes She Could Scream To The World

Confessions of a skinny girl.

137
E! News

Everyone wants what they don't have, its the "grass is always greener" concept. One of these desires is overweight persons, or really anyone who is unhappy with their appearance, desiring to be thinner. As we all know, people can be mean, very mean, and as a naturally skinny person, I can attest to the bullying that "skinny girls" undergo.

I am naturally skinny, I eat what I want, and I eat as often as I am hungry. I prefer vegetables and fruits over fried foods, that's just the way God made me. I don't starve myself, and I am sick of you assuming that I do. I am sick of you asking if I am suffering from an illness, whether it be of the mind or of the body. It is none of your business, and we both know you aren't "asking because you care."

These days, in the media, we have women like Meghan Trainor and Adele teaching people to love their curves and own their thickness, which is completely okay! All I ask, is that if I let you love your "curves," you let me love my "bones." In one of Trainor's songs, the lyrics say "I'm bringing booty back, go ahead and tell them skinny b*tches that"...so much for women empowering each other, huh Meghan? This is the WRONG way to make a movement toward women's positive body imaging.

I have always been a firm believer in the idea that you shouldn't mind anyone's business, but your own. So if you claim to be happy in your skin, but you're worried about how I look, you may not be as happy as you lead on to be. I am happy with how I look, and I would hate for anyone to feel otherwise about how they were made. The difference, I have found, between little and big girls, is that I encourage bigger girls to feel happy in their skin, but they want me to "put some meat on my bones" or "go eat a burger." Words hurt, and if I am not allowed to tell you to go for a run (which I would never say to anyone, no matter the circumstances!) then you can NOT tell me what I can and cannot eat.

In school, I always brought a lunch from home. Whenever I would pull out a salad I had brought to eat, you better believe someone was going to make a comment, and it always felt like if I ever stood up for myself, I would have been jumped. If I, however, would have made a comment to someone I watched down two sodas or eat cookies for each course of their meal, who would have taken my side?

All I'm trying to get out is for everyone to feel comfortable in their own skin, EVERYONE must be respected. I know that "thick girls" get a lot of harassment, but so do skinny girls. Women all over the word are preaching about respect for all body types and promoting positive body image for our future generation, but that shouldn't just apply to big girls, it should reach out to girls of all sizes. Everyone was made in the image of God and he does DOES NOT make mistakes.