night life, college girl

7 Rules To Going Out That Every Girl Should Follow

Because you do not want to be the girl puking at the pregame.

1226
Photo by Nik MacMillan on Unsplash

In college, you go out with your friends A LOT – and chances are you will be drinking. College night outs are some of the best nights of your life and some may even be your worst. However the night may go, you want to be prepared for what is to come. Copy and paste these rules into your notes, tattoo them on your arm, do whatever you need to do to memorize these 7 rules inside and out. You will thank yourself later.

1. Always eat before drinking

Drinking on an empty stomach will not end well. You will get hangry (hungry and angry) when you are out with your friends -- being drunk and hangry is not a good combo. Forget fasting to look skinny in your outfit, I promise a bite to eat beforehand won't make you look bloated. Food absorbs the alcohol; therefore, you won't be the ultimate lightweight. You do not want to be the girl puking at the pregame. I am not telling you to eat 6-course meal, but a bite to eat with your squad before drinking will do the trick.

2. Dress to impress yourself

Wear an outfit that you feel your best in and promise me you'll look and feel amazing. Wearing heels you can hardly walk in and a dress way too tight, may work for some girls, but it may not for you. Remember, you are going to a bar or party, not a strip club that you are performing at. The night will go much smoother, if you feel comfortable in your outfit. And the truth is, no guy gives a damn about your outfit, so do not dress up for him.

3. Bring a cross-body purse

If you are like me – you've got your keys to your apartment, your phone, and your wallet at all times. Bringing just your wallet is fine – but then you are balancing holding your drink, your phone, your wallet, and your keys while dancing with your friends. These are three of the most valuable things that you are going out with, so put them in a cross-body and the anxiety of losing those precious items will be gone (unless you lose the cross-body, which would really suck). Side note: don't take the cross-body off.

4. Go out with people you trust

This is critical. Not only will you have way more fun with these people, but they will be the ones who won't leave you at the party or bar alone, will take care of you, and will always have your back with whatever craziness gets thrown your way during the course of the night. From walking with you home at 2 in the morning to holding your hair back, these are the people you want to surround yourself with. I honestly cannot count the times my friends have saved me while we were out – and vice versa. However, don't be that girl who always needs to be saved – your friends will hate going out with you.

5. Don’t text him

By him, I mean – your ex, your crush, or that guy who always hits you up when he knows your drunk. You will regret texting him. If he was really that into to you, he would be out with you. I know you want to talk to him, but the truth is: he either won't reply or you will say something you will regret, and you will feel dumb in the morning. Enjoy being out with your friends and forget about him, plus I am sure there are plenty of other guys at the bar or party to meet!

6. Trust your gut

If your gut tells you something isn't right, it probably isn't. Sometimes we have a little too much to drink and we tend to feel invincible. This is where we do something stupid and can get ourselves into a lot of trouble. With college, comes a pile of peer pressure. However, it is up to you to make the best decision for you – not anyone else. Whatever they are doing may look fun, but promise me the consequences are not.

7. Put your phone away

The truth is no one cares about what you are doing on a Saturday night. Nothing is wrong with taking a photo or two with your friends, but after that, put your phone away and enjoy being out. If you wanted to be on your phone, you should have just stayed home. College does not last forever, so enjoy the time you have being this young and carefree with all your friends.