10 Confessions From A Sleepaholic

10 Confessions From A Sleepaholic

My favorite time of the day is when it's over.

24
10 Confessions From A Sleepaholic

I've always been a big sleeper. As a kid, I thought I slept a lot because I was growing. As a teenager, I thought it was because of being physically and mentally drained from both working and going to school. In college, I thought it was because of depression. Now, during this quarantine, I realized I just enjoy sleeping. Here are my ten things all sleepaholics can relate to.

1. Staying up all night is the last thing you want to do

No, I don't want to sacrifice my sleep to hang out with friends longer or cram for an exam.

2. There's a "magic number" of hours of sleep per night you need to feel rested

While most of my friends seem to sleep a range of six to nine hours, I'm not going to wake up feeling refreshed until I hit the 10.5 hour mark, or more.

3. You probably take too many and too long of naps

During quarantine, I've been taking one nap a day which usually lasts for two and a half hours.

4. People don't panic if you don't text them back right away

The amount of times I've seen a missed call or text and responded with, "Omg I'm so sorry I was sleeping" and the person responds with "I figured" is way too high.

5. Always being the first one asleep and last one awake at sleepovers

I swear I'm not bored, just tired.

6. Missing meals because you wanted to sleep

Sorry guys, don't count on me being at the family dinner tonight.

7. Counting how many hours of sleep you're going to get each night

"If I finish chem by 9:00 pm, I could be asleep by 10:00 pm, and that would be 10 hours."

8. Snoozing your alarm multiple times in the morning

Alarms aren't fun for anyone to wake up to, but especially if you're a sleepaholic.

9. People asking why you sleep so much

Some people just need more sleep.

10. Your parents reaching the point where they just accept your sleeping habits

It only took 20 years, but I think they finally understand.

Here are 10 things most sleepaholics can relate to. Being a sleepaholic during this quarantine is our time to shine. Keep calm and sleep on!