Colton Underwood Was My Favorite Bachelor In Years

Despite the many assumptions people made about the season, I personally came to respect and like Colton even more from it.

68
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvDQcK1Hvwb/

Not a ton happened on the most recent season of "The Bachelor." It was mainly the usual overplayed girl drama and fights between them, and they managed to mention the fact that Colton was a virgin at least twenty times per episode. Despite those hiccups, though, I actually really liked Colton as the Bachelor.

I liked him on "The Bachelorette" on Becca's season, and on "Bachelor in Paradise" he made it clear that he wasn't really sure what, or who, he wanted in a relationship.

This caused a lot of people to be unsure of how his season would play out. Would he even get engaged? Or would he just leave alone, the third time in a row?

It turned out to be a lot more dramatic than that. With three girls remaining, Colton confessed his love for Cassie on their date, saying how he was positive he wanted it to be her at the end with him, just to be told by her that she had doubts about their relationship, and tearfully watched her walk away from him.

The much-awaited fence jump came after, where Colton claimed that he wanted to quit being the Bachelor. And he technically did.

I actually am glad that Colton made the decision that he did. He realized, after two times around, exactly what and who he wanted. He didn't want to just go with the typical Bachelor ending, where he gets on one knee and gets engaged just because that's what he was supposed to do.

Instead, he realized exactly who he wanted and wasn't willing to give up on that, and he also wasn't willing to drag Tayshia and Hannah G. along just because he got rejected.

Instead of putting them through a rose ceremony and going through with a date that he knew he wouldn't be fully into, Colton went and broke up with both Tayshia and Hannah, knowing that he wanted to be with Cassie, but unsure of whether or not Cassie would even take him back.

Although it was kind of brutal for the girls to find out at a random time, and for Hannah to not even be able to get her fantasy suite date, I think it was better than he let them know exactly how he was feeling.

He took a chance on his love for Cassie, and in the end, he ended up getting the girl after going back for her. And now, months into their relationship, they seem really happy.

They are posting cute Instagram pictures, "fighting" on Twitter, and they just seem totally and completely in love. Despite many people's worries if Cassie is as into it as Colton is, it's no longer our business (not that it ever really was, but the show ended, so we can't really judge their relationship anymore now than we could before).

I can't help but hope that they have a really happy future together, and I'm always stalking them on Insta and Twitter to see how they interact, just because it's so cute.

In the end, after a long dramatic journey, this was possible "the most dramatic finale" that I've ever seen on that show, but I ended up really respecting Colton and his decisions in his rough journey to find love.