30 Must-Have Closet Staples That Will Look Good No Matter How Long You Overslept

...And you can find every single item at Target.

492

College has already started, along with early morning classes and too many hits on the snooze button. If you're like me and value sleep more than looking good for the day, here are some awesome college wardrobe essentials for girls that are crucial if you're not a morning person.

1. Plain White Tee

target.scene7.com

The plain white tee is infamous for being one of the most universal articles of clothing. Pair it with literally any color - tan, brown, black, navy, army green, denim - and it will look good no matter what.

2. Ripped Skinny Jeans

target.scene7.com

This is another universal article of clothing that truly can be paired with anything. If ripped jeans is not your thing, grab these without rips.

3.  Black Skinny Jeans

target.scene7.com

Black jeans may be one of the most universal college wardrobe essentials. Wear these if you need to be dressy, if you want to look punk-rock, if you're looking to make your outfit a little darker... The possibilities are truly endless.

4. White Converse

target.scene7.com

Whether you buy actual white converse or ones from Target (go, Target!), these white converse are both comfortable and practical. If you're prone to getting your shoes dirty, grab a pair of black ones instead.

5. Simple Black Flats

target.scene7.com

These black flats are perfect for a school dinner, a date night, or if you're just feeling fancy for classes. If you're planning on wearing them all day, look for a comfortable pair and keep them as a closet basic.

6. White Shorts

target.scene7.com

You can get plain white shorts or you can grab some with a cute design. Just like a white tee, white shorts can go with just about anything and are perfect for the end of summer or warm climates all year round.

7. Black Sneakers

target.scene7.com

Some kind of black sneaker needs to be in EVERY college student's closet. These shoes are a college wardrobe essential for a busy schedule when you need to walk from class to class while still looking stylish.

8. Floral Scarf

target.scene7.com

If you get a lightweight scarf, it can even be worn in warmer climates. However, if you get a heavier weight one, you'll be cozy for those frigid wintery months.

8. Long Cardigan/Sweater

target.scene7.com

When the fall months come, this sweater is great closet basic to have ready. Pair it with a skirt or dress to look dressy or wear it over a crop top and jeans to look a little more casual.

10. Jean Jacket

target.scene7.com

A jean jacket is perfect when the colder fall/winter months come along. Since it's a little heavier material, you can keep it towards the back of your closet until it gets a little cooler.

11. Dressy Sandals

target.scene7.com

Keep a hold of what's left of summer with these strappy sandals. There will be days where the heat will come and you'll want something to pair with a sundress. Grab these and make your outfit complete.

12. Gladiator Sandals

target.scene7.com

Gladiator sandals seem to never go out of style and now should be no exception. Other than the awkward tan lines, this college wardrobe essential is all pros and no cons.

13. Boho Pants

target.scene7.com

If you want to fit into the boho trend, grab these floral pants and pair it with a white tee. These pants will soon become a comfortable and stylish college wardrobe essential.

14.  Fabric Headband

target.scene7.com

If you want to keep with the boho-chic vibe, grab this headband and keep it as a closet essential. Pair this with ripped jeans and gladiator sandals and head out for the day.

15. T-Shirt Dress

target.scene7.com

A t-shirt dress should be a part of every college closet. This dress would look great with the white converse, especially.

16. Romper

target.scene7.com

Rompers are ALWAYS a good idea - especially when it's still warm outside. Keep this romper as a college wardrobe essential to keep you cool in the heat and a quick outfit for early mornings.

17. Cropped Hoodie

target.scene7.com

This cropped hoodie would be great to wear during the early fall months. It provides the warmth of the material and the hood, but keeps you (somewhat) cool with the cropped torso. Grab one or two or as many as you want and keep them as closet basics.

18. Sundress

target.scene7.com

This sundress is to celebrate the end of summer by having bright colors and a lace back. Wear this with either sandals or converse - anything will look good!

19. Off The Shoulder Top

target.scene7.com

Depending on what you wear with this off-the-shoulder top, this look can be dressed up or dressed down. This college wardrobe essential is easy to pair and easy to wear!

20. Crop Top

target.scene7.com

Crop tops will never go out of style and will always be versatile - no matter where you are, what look you're going for, or what your style is. Crop tops can be found just about anywhere in just about any style so grab a few (or several) and add them to you closet basics.

21. Bralette

target.scene7.com

Bralettes are perfect for any ladies - no matter boob size. Target is especially good for giving sizes for ANYONE, so check them out! Ladies, for days when you don't feel like having a wire dig into your chest all day, throw on a lacy bralette, feel like a bad*** princess, and conquer your day.

22. Printed Leggings

target.scene7.com

No, leggings are NOT just for the gym! If you feel like having a low-key comfy day, throw on a pair of these with an oversized tee and get ready to seize the day. Everyone needs leggings as a part of their college wardrobe essentials.

23. Capri Leggings

target.scene7.com

Much like the longer leggings, these capri-length leggings also belong in your closet basics. Save these for a hotter day when you still want to pull of comfy-casual.

24. Ankle Boots

target.scene7.com

Heeled ankle boots should be a part of EVERY college student's closet. These semi-fancy shoes can be worn on a day you had enough time to get ready (what is that like?) or when you have a date/girls night. Also, talk about amazing fall shoes for any style!

25. Babydoll Shirt

target.scene7.com

Babydoll shirts have been around FOREVER and never seem to go out of style. Add this shirt to ripped jeans and you'll be set with a cute (and quick) outfit for the day.

26. Running Shorts

target.scene7.com

Running shorts have their place outside of the gym (just like leggings). Grab a pair of these shorts, add your black sneakers, and get started on your day.

27. Graphic T-Shirt

target.scene7.com

Graphic tees need to be a part of every college closet. The possibilities for these shirts are endless and Target is a great place to start!

28. Zip-Up Sweatshirt

target.scene7.com

A zip-up hoodie is another college essential that needs to be in every student's closet. In a range of colors, you can either buy one or as many as you want to keep dry and warm when late fall/early winter hits.

29. Classic Canvas Backpack

target.scene7.com

Although this may not be an article of clothing, it's still something that you'll need - whether you think so or not. Trust me, you won't want to go a day without a backpack.

30. Drawstring Backpack

target.scene7.com

If you're not a fan of the canvas/classic backpack look, here's an option that's perfect for someone who likes a more boho look.