On Senioritis

On Senioritis

Graduation, where you at?

37
On Senioritis
Tumblr

Is graduation here, yet? For all the other college seniors who are having trouble going to class, struggling to get assignments done, procrastinating and waiting for the finish line to be here already. Then you definitely have senioritis. And for people who haven’t had senioritis, yes, it is a real thing. I mean we have been in school for 16 years and it’s so close to being over. And for some reason this last stretch is the hardest.

I have this strong belief that everything is going to be OK, and for some reason these classes that I am taking now just don’t seem to be important in the big scheme of things. The assignments I have to do just seem to be busy work and I don’t feel like there is anything more I am pulling from my classes. Which has led to me to not being fully invested in my classes, because I don’t think it’s necessary anymore.

I mean, I know I am not going to fail any of my class, and if I get all Bs it is not the end of the world. I keep telling myself that it is going to be fine, no matter what comes my way. I mean, GPA actually doesn’t even matter in the job market, only if you want to go to graduate school.

As a college senior, there is so much more expected from you other than your classes. While juggling a full course load you are expected to have an internship, starting a job search, figuring out your next step, applying to grad school, working on resumes and cover letters. There is so much preparation going into graduating that the college classes become meaningless.

People keep asking about what your future plans are, what you want to do with your degree, your life. Suddenly, no one is asking about your classes anymore and you realize that these classes you’ve put so much time and effort into don’t really matter. Society expects you to already have the next step already planned out while you are still experiencing college. Then when you graduate there will be expectations of years of job experience instead of just having your degree.

I can't help put ask myself, Were these actually the best four years of my life? Personally, I definitely enjoyed my college years, but what’s ahead seems even brighter. Though it’s going to be a transition filled with new responsibilities it will also be a life of new adventures.

College is about to end, and we know it is coming. Even though these past four years have gone by so fast these last few months are slowly chugging along. I am ready for something new. To close this chapter and move into the unknown after college graduation.