Life as a College Student, Explained in 12 Gifs

Parties, friends, and fun... But is that what college is all about?

120

For all of you in college, you should know by now that living away from home -- away from parents, friends, and your town -- is very different from anything you have ever experienced. You go from living with your parents and having them take care of you to completely taking care of yourself. No more tossing your laundry to your mom, or having dad cook you dinner. Now, if you want clean clothes and care to avoid starvation, you're going to have to get it together, and fast. Going away to college teaches you how to do this immediately... but it might not always be a walk in the park. The life as a college student can be both a blessing and a curse, and here is how I, a college student myself, would describe it.

1. You are ALWAYS tired.

Wake up. Tired. Go to bed. Tired. Time for the gym. Tired. Time to go out? Tired. You get the picture. No amount of coffee imaginable can fix this problem. It's just something you're going to have to get used to.

2. But, you're always up for having a good time.

Despite the constant fatigue you might be feeling from exams, papers, and the constant late night hangouts, you are always up to have a little fun with your friends. Especially when the weekends come around.

3. You get to be with your best friends at all times.

You go to class together, you live together, you eat together... You might as well as be family at this point. You spend more time together than do anything else. And you love every second of it.

4. Even though sometimes, you do get a little homesick.

Let's face it. No matter how fun and awesome college is, you do miss your family most of the time. Especially mom's cooking.

5. You feel like a grown up, even though you might not actually be one just yet.

Yeah, you do laundry and cook now, but are you really a responsible adult?

6. And you also might not have everything together at all times either.

A lot of the time, us college kids don't have our lives together completely. We hand in late papers, we sleep through exams, and we don't make it to class after a wild night out. But it's OK, college is a time of learning right?

7. But, you still manage to get some work done.

Although it's not the most popular part about college life, there are still exams and papers that will be assigned. If you want to stay at the amazing place you're at, I suggest hitting the library once in a while.

8. You have to put up with cafeteria food... at all times.

College food is not exactly gourmet, but you get used to it after a while. Just don't try the shrimp.

9. But all the struggles are worth it, because you get a slumber party every night.

Hopefully, from your freshman year roommate to your senior year apartment, you are living with friends. If this is the case, your nights in are always very exciting. You and your friends just can't wait to climb into your beds and watch some Netflix together.

10. And when it's time to go hit the town with the girls, you couldn't be more excited.

Nobody can get in the way when all of your girlfriends are ready to take on a Saturday night.

11. And when it's time to go home from school, you're not ready to say goodbye.

12. Because you have so much love for your school, you just can't hide it.

But you might not look as good as Gabriella when you're cheering for your team.