My Time Has Come To Go
Education

To My Odyssey Community

I've gotta get moving.

207
To My Odyssey Community

About two years ago I stumbled into an amazing opportunity. I saw this page that many friends and sorority sisters were writing for called the Odyssey. The Odyssey is an online writing base that allows young writers of all kinds to express themselves in an online format. In these past two years, I have been a contributing editor and I have also been a recruiting specialist. Although this was an amazing part of my college experience, it is time that I move onto the future. I graduated from college and have a large number of things to look forward to in the next coming years. However, I learned many lessons from being a part of this group for as long as I have.

Missouri State Odyssey is a group that allowed me to feel welcome and loved throughout the course of these past two years. In that GroupMe we always found ourselves talking about a variety of things. It ranged from first dates, what food we should cook, to personal stories of pain and joy. This group is very small at the current time, but they are very mighty in what they write. We found a little family in this group. I am extremely thankful that I got to be a part of it for as long as I could. However, I am not going to be able to devote the same kind of time I was able to devote to it anymore. I graduated and I have two jobs awaiting me. This is where my time and my focus will need to be for the future.

Thank you for allowing me to become a staple of this group. Thank you for allowing me to share my opinion and using my guidance when any of you needed it. Although my ideas often fell flat with recruiting (Sorry Emily), you all supported each and every one of them. It allowed me to learn how to be creative and learn new ideas on the fly.

All of you have amazing futures ahead of you. You all will be a part of my life for a longer time than you fully know. You guys have been one of the biggest blessings I found towards the end of my college career. With my time coming to an end and my friend groups changing, I found a support system in this community.

When I went on a date with an amazing guy, you all hyped it up. When it turned out he wasn't as great as we originally thought, you were all there to catch me after I fell. You all were there to remind me of the love and kindness that I have to give to other people. This group is full of young men and women who are strong as hell and not afraid to tell the world what they think. They support each other in personal interactions and through our messages. Something that not all people are lucky enough to find in many college groups.

I want to thank each person individually however, I want to thank you all as a whole. I am so excited to see what the future holds for each of you in your collegiate careers. I hope you know how much all of you mean to me. If I haven't met you and you are a new member to the team, you are in very good hands. Each member of this team will support you in your writing and your own life. You will feel safe and unjudged in this group.

I thank you for your coffee dates. I thank you for listening to me complain about struggling for a topic each week. This letter is for the weeks when I was at my wit's end and you all accepted me as I was during my own struggles. You all supported me and let me feel loved.

With Love,

Amanda