Graduation day, one of the most important days of our lives. It's not just for us, it's for our families. Sitting on that HOT football field, there are many things that run through our minds... and here are just a few.
1. Why is it so hot?
It's only 9 a.m., how is it this hot already?
2. In my seat by 8 a.m.? I'll be there when I get there.
Sorry, I'm waiting for my friends. Try me.
3. Oh, so that's who the university president is!
I must've lost track when I was, you know, learning.
4. Is he the dean of my college? I've never seen him before.
Well, it's nice to meet you - even if it is on graduation day.
5. Does my hair look okay?
This humidity is going to make my hair into an afro.
6. Hey, let's take a selfie while we still look cute.
Before our mascara runs, our hair frizzes and our clothes are drenched.
7. I'm going to be drenched before this is over.
Literally. How much longer can this last?
8. I think I know that girl from freshman year!
I guess she did make it through.
9. This. Heat. Is. Miserable.
I feel like I'm dying.
10. I just want to take this gown off.
Who had the idea for black gowns?
11. How many colleges are left?
This is going to take forever.
12. Do I have mascara on my face?
Makeup check before we walk!
13. Do you feel any different? I don't feel any different.
I just feel hot and my feet hurt.
14. Do not tell me to walk faster, I will walk as slow as I want to.
I worked four years for this - I WILL get my moment.
15. I can't believe this is actually real.
16. How long is it until we get our real diploma?
Six to eight weeks, cool.
17. Is this real? Are we done?
Can I leave now?
18. I like I should be more emotional.
Why am I not crying? Is this what relief feels like?
19. Does anyone else think they still have assignments due?
I mean, there has to be a catch!
20. This one is for you, Mom.
Okay, I might cry when I see her.
21. I am going to miss these people so much.
What if I never see my friends again?
22. Everything, and I mean everything, is about to change.
I lied. I'm not ready for this to be over.