To All My College Grads

To All My College Grads

Graduating college can be the best and worst day of your life.

3
To All My College Grads
Cassie Hall

Believe it or not, college will be over before you know it and you’ll be forced to enter the real world. I for one am not ready for this transition at all, seeing as I don’t even know exactly what I’ll be doing. I register for my final semester of classes on Tuesday (w.t.f) and “My Lasts” have already begun -- badger game days I’ll miss you but I’ll be back.

I have put some thought into my future, like which breed of dog I should own first, which amazing city I should move to, where/if I should go to grad school, and of course, I built up a pretty nifty Pinterest board of cute apartment crafts that I will never actually make. I think my first priority will be to adopt a dog, though I should probably figure out where I’m living first.. Oh! And like every other young and adventurous adult my age, I’d love to travel the world after graduation. Ya know, with all that money I won’t have from being in debt – thank you college tuition.

Another scary thought, once I move am I going to even know anyone? Probably not. Aka the whole, “go make friends” is going to have to kick in again which kind of sucks. At the same time though, starting fresh will be nice and I plan on keeping in touch with friends so that they come visit me and we can party it up like we did freshmen year – hellllllo frats.

With graduation comes a new schedule for work, along with a work out schedule and a me-time schedule. I do hope I’m able to keep up with exercising and saving time for myself to just relax or read a book – or Netflix lets be real. Speaking of exercise, I recently joined CHAARG, which is a student organization at UW-Madison that focuses on fitness and allowing women to become more comfortable with working out and with their bodies. It’s fairly new on campus but so far I love it, and considering there is a post-grad group of women apart of CHAARG I’m hoping to continue this during my post-college life.

As much as I love being in college, I think I’m ready for the next milestone in life. I’ve been waiting to get a dog forevs so I’ll be on that right after graduation. Moving sounds stressful but I’m excited to make it into my own cozy place to call home. Being completely on my own will have its ups and downs I’m sure, but life is all about exploring, trying, and failing. I just need to continuously remind myself to get back up after falling.