15 Things All 21-Year-Olds Who Still Look 16 Are EXHAUSTED Of Dealing With

The number of items on this list are probably the number of years you'll still be hearing "ID please."

208

1. You always get ID'd.

It doesn't matter if all your friends get their drinks without having to hand theirs over, at every single bar, you'll be pulling your ID out of your wallet.

2. People don't believe you're in college.

This is especially apparent when you're home for winter break and you get lots of "why aren't you back in school yet?" the day after New Year's.

3. You won't have to re-take your ID photo for a few years...

Because you look exactly the same now as you did then.

4. ... and no one believes that it's an old photo.

"No way that's five years old, you look exactly like that now."

5. You get suspicious looks walking into liquor stores.

I swear I'm old enough to be here.

6. You've gotten hit with "I didn't know freshmen could take this class" a few times.

At this point, you might as well get a shirt that says "Senior" on it.

7. You get tired of people saying "you're lucky you look young for your age".

Yeah sure, looking younger than you are will be nice when you're 40, but as for now, it's super annoying.

8. If you go shopping for formal wear anytime between April and June, sales associates automatically assume it's for Prom.

No prom here, just formals/weddings/graduations.

9. Any any job or internship people are always "impressed that you get hired so young!".

But you wish they were impressed by your work ethic instead.

10. Sometimes it's nice to hear people say "you're so mature for your age!".

But then you realize that they think you're a teenager, not a young adult.

11. The worst is when people refuse to believe how old you are.

What do you want, my birth certificate?

12. Friends will always give you advice on how to make yourself look older.

Nope, tried the whole short hair hack, still looked like I was on my way to driver's ed.

13. Even if you use your ID to get into a bar or a club, they ask for it again at the bar.

I promise that I am of the legal age to be in this establishment.

14. Sometimes you get nervous that a bouncer or bartender will think that your ID is a very good fake.

Even though it's your very real, government-issued form of identification.

15. Although it may get annoying, after a while, you're able to joke about how young you look.

You definitely have at least one joke about flipping 21 backwards.