College As Told By Simon Cowell Expressions

The only adult with enough attitude to surpass that of a college student

219
Tumblr

With move-in day on the horizon, we all are preparing ourselves to get back into the routine of class, work, social life and everything else we are expected to do in order to stand out among our peers. Fortunately, college is a time where you meet some amazing people and have incredible experiences to make it all worthwhile, not to mention the nice piece of paper at the end of it all.

College is like no other time in your life, and it brings out so many different emotions and feelings. There are times when you are the happiest in your life, and times when you are so done with everyone, only Netflix understands you.

Here are some college vibes that I’m sure you’ve experienced yourself, as told by Simon Cowell—probably the only adult with enough attitude to surpass that of a college student.

That moment you realize classes start in a week.

Oops, sorry to crush your spirits and summer highs, but yes, classes are just around the corner. This was my exact face when it dawned on me that I would be sitting in another lecture hall in no time.

When your professor says the textbook isn't require for their class.

One of the greatest feelings there is. Who wants to spend $200 on something they will never use? Shoutout to all of those amazing professors who are considerate toward our bank accounts.

When you get to let loose with your roommates.

Let's face it, our roommates see the weirdest sides of us, but we love every minute of it. There is no one else I would rather be me around.

When you sign up for something and realize it is not at all what you expected.

We are all trying to fit as many volunteer hours and organizations into our resumes, but sometimes this leads us to getting involved in something way more intense than expected. Then you're just like, "What did I get myself into?"

Those days you are desperately trying to stay awake in class.

After spending the night studying, or procrastinating and watched an entire season of your favorite show on Netflix, sometimes it can be difficult to drag yourself to class. Even Starbucks is not match for this kind of exhaustion.

After you walk into the dining hall and see that the food is actually edible.

Props to the dining hall actually using our thousands of dollars for a good purpose! It can be the best part of your day to walk in and not have to scavenge for things to eat.

When your roommate wakes you up.

Yes, we love our roommates. Sometimes, though, they can wake us up at the worst times. Right as soon as you fall into a deep sleep, their alarm class for a morning class with go off. Earplugs are your friend!

When you remember that one assignment due at 11:59 PM tonight.

It is always at the worst time possible too. You'll be all ready for bed, cozy in your pajamas when it hits you. Or, it'll be when you have no possible way of getting it done, like 11:58 PM. But, seriously, why do all professors choose 11:59 PM?

That feeling you get when your whole squad actually has time to hangout.

This is such a rare occasion, but a beautiful one at that. Between all of the responsibilities that come with the beginning of adulthood, it is hard to make time for a well-planned outing where everyone can make it.

When you see the first question on your exam.

Either you didn't have time to study, the professor threw in everything he/she chose not to teach or a combination of both. Whatever the case, you know from that moment you're failing. It happens to all of us.

No matter what you're feeling now or what you will be feeling in the next few weeks, try not to stress. We all have these moments, you are not alone. College is scary, hectic, strange and a big disorganized mess, but it's the best mess of your life so soak up every minute of it.