To the College Aged Boy

To the College Aged Boy

From, a College Aged Girl

22
To the College Aged Boy
Youtube.com

Before I begin, I just want to state that I am by no means saying that some women are not guilty of some of these acts. However, in my personal experience men are more likely to do these acts than women. I also am not saying that all men act like this or behave like this. I understand that I may even be writing to a minority or college aged boys. Regardless, sometimes, some things, need to be said.

To the College Aged Boy

Hello, I am a College Aged Girl. I am writing to you to ask you some very important questions about your behavior. So, if you can spare a small moment of your time I would very much appreciate the answers to the following questions.

First Question: What is so wrong with girls having bodily functions?

I grew up with brothers. I know you joke about poop, and farts, and burps, all day long. I know you announce when you are going to the bathroom, or even talk about pooping like it was some momentous event with your guy friends. Heck, some of you may even do it in front of your girl friends. But why is it okay for a boy to fart, or burp, but when a girl does it, it strikes fear into any guy. Personal opinion for this one is that you guys need to realize that girls have same farts and burps as boys, so if it's okay for a guy to fart or burp in front of you, it should be okay for a girl to.

Second Question: What about periods is such a "turn-off?"

You do realize how the body functions, and the fact that we literally have no control on when it comes and goes. Honestly, I'm sorry that periods are so gross for you, but you should imagine how we feel. Just imagine it, you're 12 years old, and all of a sudden there is blood everywhere, and your body aches, and you have to stick some weird tissue thing up a place you never thought you would have to stick stuff up. Now imagine, your mom coming in and telling you that for the majority of your life, this is going to happen every four weeks. Okay, do you get it? No where in here did I sign up for this? No girl did. So it shouldn't be such a "turn-off" for you to see it happen. Sure, you can be grossed out, but don't decide to leave just because she got her period.

Third Question: At what age does the majority of you realize that it's not cool to be a "playah?"

How much longer do the college aged girls of the world have to wait before you boys realize that "playing" girls and going around from girl to girl is not cool? Look, I know Shaggy taught you the "it wasn't me" mentality, but you should know that we don't fall for that. I can tell you that most of the time, if we ask you about another girl, we already know the answer. Lying right to a girl's face is never a good idea, because she can and will find out the truth eventually. Whether, you are dating, talking, being FWBs, etc. Never lie to a girl about what you think your relationship should be and if you should be exclusive or open. Also, never lie to her about if you want to continue the relationship, whatever that may be.

Fourth Question: Why can't you say anything to our faces?

Why is it so hard for you to speak up and tell us how you really feel? Why is it, that most of the time we find out what you think through other people, before we hear anything from you? If you are going to tell other people, why can't you say it to my face? Please, grow up, and say it to my face instead of telling my friends, having them tell me, and then avoiding me like the plague until I finally ask what is going on.

Fifth Question: Do you guys ever going through PMS?

There have been many points in my life where I have been able to identify when I believe, a boy is on his period. Better known as the "man period," or "meriod" for short, you become very moody, and are more likely to snap at those around you. You exhibit wild displays of PMS when you start screaming at video games like the characters can hear you, or when you throw glass bottles on stoops to houses for no real reason. One unique characteristic of the "meriod" is the displays of dominance that you try to make at any possible moment. Whether that is with a moody, mysterious face that you use to show that you don't care about anything, or random acts of stupidity like trying to fight someone, the struggle for dominance against other PMS-ing males is always very clear to us girls. So please, let us know, do guys actually get periods, or are you just always going to have PMS.

Thank you for any answers you may be able to provide.

Sincerely,

A College Aged Girl