How The Democratic Party Has Hijacked Race Relations In America

Colin Kaepernick... has it really come to this?

67
www.sportingnews.com

Colin Kaepernick's recent act of disgrace is a master product of the racial divisiveness of the mainstream media, and the Democratic congressmen and congresswomen. There is only one reason the Democrats continue to win election after election after election. This reason does not lie within policy. It lies within creating a narrative of an America where social injustice reigns supreme; where the straight, cisgender, white Christian male sits high above all the rest, on a throne made of the blood and money of minorities, laughing as he spits on the faces of anyone without any social "privilege."

And it is up to the Democratic Party to stop them from the evil, racist Republicans, who support such a terrible, unequal society. This is the story they tell us everyday. And, I gotta hand it to them... they're good at it. Why else would Colin Kaepernick feel compelled to embarrass his team and the people of San Francisco for a political statement?

The Black Lives Matter movement is the grand achievement of the Democratic narrative. Without the existence of racism in America, systematic and otherwise, the Democratic Party would never get elected. Racism and other social injustice are the source of all their power. Now, it would be ignorant to say that racism no longer exists in America. We still have the Ku Klux Klan, the Aryan Brotherhood, Neo Nazis, your George Zimmermans, etc. It's truly sad. However, that is something that the majority of the Democratic Party and, yes, the Republican Party can agree on. Obviously, I will admit... If someone truly is racist, they are more likely to be a Republican. But, the Republican Party itself does not promote racism in any way. That is my opinion and I will stand by it.

"Why, then, would the Republican Party be against stopping the racism that the Black Lives Matter movement is trying to erase from America?," you may ask.

We're not against stopping racism. But we acknowledge a few vital facts that the Black Lives Matter movement refuses to acknowledge. For one, African Americans commit a disproportionately-high amount of crime compared to any other race in America. According to the Department of Justice, between 1980 and 2008, African-Americans, who make up 13% of the United States' population, committed 52% of all homicides. I'm absolutely not saying that black people are inherently criminals, nor am I saying that black people have a higher inner desire for criminal activity. Such stereotypes need to be avoided. Like conservative writer Ben Shapiro said on high black crime rates, "It has nothing to do with race and it has everything to do with culture." High crime rates come from low-income cultures existing within inner-cities such as Baltimore, Chicago, New York (before the mayoral term of Republican mayor Rudy Giuliani), Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Cincinnati. These inner-city areas all have dense African American populations, and interestingly, the cities in which they reside in all have Democratic mayors. Here, people of all races engage in crime. It's just that the low-income, crime-ridden areas of these cities have high populations of black Americans. There are historical, socioeconomic reasons for this reality that do involve systematic racism, but I'll save that for a different article.

This obviously doesn't excuse the deaths of black Americans such as Alton Sterling, Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, and others. However, many of these cases, such as that of Michael Brown, I believe, were disproved by the context of the situation, and the actions of the victim at the time. They were tragedies, without question, but there was abundant evidence that proved the policemen innocent. However, I don't see it that way with all of them. There are obviously racist cops all over America, such as Mark Fuhrman, who was a Los Angeles cop during the trial of O.J. Simpson, and who was recorded telling people to target black people while on the job, while referring to them as the n-word. One of the most recent unjustified police shootings of a black man in America was the shooting of Alton Sterling. I watched the video of the shooting and it made me sick. I just don't see any possible way to justify the murder that took place in that video. While I can't come to the absolute conclusion that race played a role in the murder, I will say that it was a perfect example of police brutality. So, why don't Republicans get behind the Black Lives Matter cause?

Two words: race baiting. According to the FBI, 89.6% of black males murdered in the United States were killed by another black male. Yet, the media is inflating the few "racist cop" stories to make it seem as though racism is running wildly in our criminal justice systems, and black Americans are in danger from their local law enforcement. The Democratic Party didn't adopt this cause to help protect African Americans; they did it so they could look like the "racism-fighting good guys." And, like previously noted, it works. The vast majority of African Americans vote Democrat. Honestly, I don't blame them. I'm a straight white male and if every single news outlet was telling me that policemen were hunting down straight white males all over America, I would be terrified and vote for the party that spoke against such injustices.

Ironically, the only non-Democrat who comes to my mind when I think of such fear-mongering political tactics is Donald Trump. The Democrats often criticize Trump as being a fear-monger, but their tactics are identical to his. Trump has used the small number of murders by illegal immigrants in America to convince his supporters that illegal immigrants are dangerous. This is precisely how the Democratic Party treats the situation between African-Americans and the police, in order to scare the black population into voting Democrat.

Yet, such intense rhetoric from the Democratic Party has sparked the most palpable racial division in America since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. Riots and protests have become second nature. Black Lives Matter even interrupted Bernie Sanders (who, ironically, is on their side) during a campaign event, and stole the microphone from him as they stormed the stage. This division is so strong that saying "Blue Lives Matter," in honor of all the cops who were targeted for murder this past year in protest to the police killings of African-Americans, is now seen as a controversial statement, showing one's permissive attitude toward "racism." It is what has caused our Orwellian language-policing we see so often on the Internet, and sometimes at the professional level. It is what has caused people to burn the American flag in protests, and, ultimately, has caused Colin Kaepernick to refuse to honor the American flag at an NFL game.

This division, which I like to refer to as the "Second Civil War," is why we will never be at peace as a nation. We will never truly be able to stand together and not "judge each other by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character," as Martin Luther King Jr. said in his "I Have A Dream" speech. In a country where we search so desperately for ways to make race a problem in every situation, we will never stop being so easily divided.

If we really want to protect African Americans, it is in our best interest to elect so-called "racist" Republicans like Rudy Giuliani, who reduced violent crime in New York City by 56% during his mayoral term with his no-nonsense crime policies, and is estimated to have saved 4,000 to 5,000 black lives in doing so. Unfortunately, this is not the type of result the Democratic Party really wants; they need traces of racial injustice in order to stay in power, given the common idea that they are the ones who are "fighting" it. They need racial and ideological division if it means they will be elected. The day we Americans stop viewing each other in terms of black and white and start viewing ourselves as one people will be the day Democrats will lose power.

And, no, Republicans aren't free of political corruption, either. They have their own separate ways of manipulating the public, just look at who they nominated for presidency. But, all we ever hear in the news is how it is the Republicans who are corrupting this country. As far as political corruption, the Democratic Party is on the other side of the coin.

Note: If this article angers you in any way, please don't attack me in the comments. Internet arguments are obnoxious no matter what side you're on, and they do no one any good. I invite you to message me personally, instead.