Clinton Versus Trump: 2016 Election

Clinton Versus Trump: 2016 Election

Can we trust either of them ?

5
Clinton Versus Trump: 2016 Election
CNN

Hillary Clinton may be one of the most controversial presidential nominees in Americans history. Many Americans feels as if they can't trust her and that she is a corporate puppet. Not to mention her email scandal in 2015 could result in her losing her democratic nomination. She's had a very good campaign but it just isn't cutting it anymore.

Now Hillary can’t gather the millennial support that Sen. Sanders did during his campaign. Her slogan, “I’m with her,” even signified that she wanted to gather feminists and social justice activists to support her. Although, this created a lot of backlash because this slogan lead many to believe that women were betraying their gender if they did not vote for Hillary over Bernie. There are still women who performed in the second-wave feminism movement that would like to see a female Commander-in-Chief in their lifetime, but this pose a problem for the newer third-wave feminists who think Hillary does not align with their political ideology or really reflects as someone who could properly serve them as their President. They are more concerned with someone who can accurately fight for solutions to issues that revolve around people who suffer due to their racial and socioeconomic background. Unlike Sander, Hillary has simply done a large amount of pandering to minority groups. Honestly, its ridiculous. She's even tried to act as if she’s into the recent craze over Pokemon Go in order to have younger people on her side in the polls. She consistently changes her opinion on various topics to fit her agenda and to fit her campaign.

Why you still might want to vote for Hillary...

Hillary was recently endorse by Elizabeth Warren and is possibly looking to be selected as Hilary’s Vice-President. For those of you who do not know who Elizabeth Warren was prior to this, she was the only female member of Congress who didn’t endorse Clinton and the Senator of Massachusetts. Many people had hard feelings against Warren because of this since it was the first time in U.S. history there is a female Democrat that actually has a chance of winning.

Despite what you might think of Clinton, having Warren by her side makes her much more likable if you are a strict Democrat. If you take a look at Warren’s record, you can see she is much more in alignment with Bernie Sanders. This may make her seem like a set-out by not endorsing Sanders but it was likely Sanders wasn’t going to win the nominations from the get go. If anything, you’d want someone who is much more progressive than Hillary and isn’t funded by Wall Street and big corporations. If we have someone who does, in fact, have political experience and has spent most of their life in politics, along with someone who is far more liberal than most of the candidates running Congress, then Hillary's campaign as a whole may not be so worrisome as we thought. Still worrisome. Just not as much.

Should we even consider Trump ?

A little bit of information on Trump. Donald J. Trump an American businessman. He’s an actor, an author and now even a politician. He currently holds the position of chairman within The Trump Organization, his family’s real estate business. He is even the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Amazing, right ? Well, yes, but this doesn’t determine if he will be a good Commander-in-Chief.

Something very important to mention is that Trump is not relying on donors. This can’t be said enough. Unlike his Presidential counter-part, Hillary, he does not rely on anyone except himself to fund his campaign. He’s a billionaire, after all. The notion that he has gone bankrupt on several occasions seems to be spreading but let's clear that up very quickly:

"Trump doesn't get personally involved. He knows how to protect his personal finances. In both instances, Trump's corporations have filed for bankruptcy; Trump personally has not. Hence, when his casino fell into about a billion dollars in debt, the corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Trump only made the decision to do so once he had spoken to his banks and bondholders. But, by filing, he gave his business the opportunity to regroup and reduce his business debt. It didn't hurt however that it would also reduce his personal debt, as Trump is likely the one every creditor would look to if the Taj Mahal couldn't pay up. So, in fact, Trump avoided potential lawsuits from credits and he may have also avoided personal bankruptcy by keeping his own bank account insulated.” - Legal Zoom

The only downside to this is that instead of complying to the demands of big-business, he is the big business, and this may affect his ability to pass laws. In fact, he basically has no experience in passing laws of anything within politics. So how will make sound decisions as the President of the United State ? Well, I honestly don’t know.

There is no “may” when asking if he is one of the most controversial presidential nominees in Americans history. He is often regarded as a racist and sexist for insulting Hispanics. He specifically targets Mexicans in his rants about illegal immigration but is caught insulting women. Despite all this, he does seem to have some kind of plan for the nation if he is to win the election. Something, at least.

Although he does have one thing in common with Hillary. They’re both under investigation for criminal activity. Donald Trumps’ Trump University has been accused of multiple people of not giving them an actual degree that was promised. This has placed most of them in some serious debt.

So, our Democratic nominee is under investigation for leaking information on a private server and stubbornly ignoring rules to safeguard internal security, and our Republican nominee is under investigation for preying upon the individuals who ended up deeply in debt and without a legitimate degree.This is basically fraud.

One thing is for sure: Both candidates have their strengths and weaknesses, but we may be screwed with whoever wins the election.