Claudia Ruiz: Interview To A Local Model #PuertoRico

"Confidence, accepting and loving myself was what I wanted and even though I've been criticized I'm proud to say I have achieved this goal."

129
Claudia Ruiz

During the next several weeks I will be interviewing local talents from Puerto Rico. This weeks local talent is Claudia Ruiz. The guideline questions I used to conducted this interview were the following:

1. What made you take modeling to a more profesional level?

2. Who is your role model in the modeling world?

3.What beauty tips do you swear by?

4. Who haven't you model for that you would die to?

5. Which shoots have you enjoyed?

"What I can say related to being inspired to become a model was that since I was a really young kid I've always dreamt of becoming a top model. I was amazed by that world of photoshoots and runways, I wanted to be like the models I saw who projected confidence & beauty. I wanted to feel beautiful and good about myself. Even though I wanted to get into modeling I was scared of making a step towards this journey because I was afraid of getting judged. I was an overweight pre teen I never imagined myself actually becoming a model. I decided to break the barriers I set and give myself a chance. I started taking modeling classes where I received a lot of positive feedback, but I also received a bunch of comments like "your face is incredibly stunning but you're overweight and models are thin." I was young, it hurt at first, but this helped me set a new plan. I got into a healthy lifestyle filled with exercise and healthy meals, I worked hard and lost some weight. I never stopped dreaming about modeling as the years passed. I realized modeling is still something I greatly dream about and I want to project confidence and beauty like the models I once saw, I want to set an example for those girls who think they can't reach a goal like this due to their appearance or what someone said about them. I want to spread positivity, promote confidence and break the beauty standards because I believe a pretty face can rock curves. I got into modeling again when I was about 15 where I received even more positive feedback but got told again "you have to lose weight". I kept going I had more shoots, I proved I could walk on a runway, I became active on Instagram which has helped so much since it opened the doors to many amazing modeling opportunities. This whole journey, which is still starting because I have plans of becoming a recognized model, has been stressful, but filled with good experiences and it has helped me realize so many things. Going through rough times brought me down at first since I used to be the girl that says "I want to be skinny and beautiful like her" and always thought about negative things about myself, but now I focus on saying I want to work hard and become the best version of myself . Confidence, accepting and loving myself was what I wanted and even though I've been criticized I'm proud to say I have achieved this goal. Now that I have achieved this goal I'm getting into modeling even more because I know I can set out a positive example. Models who have inspired me are Ashley Graham, Candice Swanepole, Gigi Hadid, Joan Smalls and Kate Upton. I've always loved Candice's projection and she has been one of my favorite models for many years since I dreamt and still have the plan of becoming a VS model. Ashley Graham is such and inspiring and empowering model, she broke the beauty standards and has helped other women who felt bad about their curvaceous figure be confident. Joan Smalls inspires me because I can relate to her since she is from Puerto Rico and also because she has been on top runways and is one of the most recognized models, which is my dream yet to be fulfilled. I love Gigi's look and she inspires me because she has a great impact on this industry she's extremely recognized and has also been "fat shamed", but that doesn't stop her from appearing in Vogue covers. Kate Upton is a very recognized model and is known for her curvy figure she inspires me because her figure is very similar to mine and she also broke those "stick thin" beauty standards. I still have fitness goals to be achieved and I still have this modeling dream to be fulfilled but I have so many doors opened now that I never imagined I could have before. I worked hard and it payed of, worked on my look and on my instagram, and thanks to that I've been contacted by top agencies and recognized photographers. My plan is to visit the top agencies who have contacted me next year and I'll see where else this journey will take me. My ultimate wish would be to shoot for Vogue Covers and for Victoria Secret, that would be amazing haha Beauty tips I swear by are a healthy diet & drinking tons of water, having a good skin routine too because this will keep you looking fresh and hydrated. Clear & healthy skin is something that's very important. Also if your hair & brows are on fleek that changes your look completely. makeup musts to me would be having good mascara, some bb cream, lip balm and bronzer. I like to keep my makeup looks soft/natural and not heavy. My most important beauty tip would be to have a good attitude, because projection is key and if you're confident you're beauty will show." - Claudia Ruiz.

Claudia has done various shoots with local photographers and has a lot of fun taking selfies and posting them on Instagram. This is a way she uses to improve her projection and look. This is basically like her practice for future big shoots. Claudia is also starting a youtube channel soon; therefore, I'm going to be linking her social media so you guys could check out her makeup tutorials, skin care tutorials and fitness vlogs.

INSTAGRAM

YOUTUBE

TWITTER