Classmates We Love To Hate

Classmates We Love To Hate

Seven classmates who appear in every class

91
Classmates We Love To Hate
themaneater.com

Since college started for me 3 years ago I have encountered quite a few people in my classes whom words do not do justice to explain. College classes are different than high school classes because you don't have to be friends with the other students in your class. Although, the classes have changed along with the professors, there will always be that one kid in class. Here is a list of 7 types of kids that can be found in every classroom:

1. The kid that will never make it to class on time

No matter how hard he/she tries, he/she always manage to make it to class no less than 15 minutes late. This person can be as late as 45 minutes, but will show up just to say he/she was in class. Occasionally, this person will make it known that he/she is late by bugging their neighbor to ask them what they have missed.

2. 'I'll-wear-a-hoodie-and-lay-my-head-on-the-desk-to-sleep' kid

Long nights, short weekends, and rough mornings are what this kid lives for. They comes to class everyday, dragging slowly in the hallways because they know exactly what they are doing in class today ... SLEEPING! They strategically plan their dress code to be the clothes they can go back to bed in after class. Even after the teacher has pointed this kid out, he will return to sleep shortly after the professor resumes lecturing.

3. Everyone is somehow her friend

This person can be a guy, but is more than likely a girl. She will arrive 15 minutes early to every class to strategically choose her seat. The reasoning is just to talk to people, and she will find a conversation to strike up with everyone who walks through that door. She will then somehow persuade the other person to sit beside her, where they will talk the whole class. She will talk loudly to make sure others hear her and join in on her conversation. The days her BFF is not in class, she will turn in her desk to listen in on conversations until she can somehow fit in.

4. The suck-up/know-it-all

Since kindergarten, this kid has somehow made it to every class you have ever been in. There is no escaping this person. Like always, this person will know every answer before everyone else and will always have the right thing to say to make the professor feel like they are doing something right. Everyone regrets sitting beside him/her, but they all somehow compete to put this kid in the group project. When others are given a chance to answer, the class will turn to him/her for approval because they will always have a comment - even if the answer is right.

5. I can't leave my life story at home… people. must. know. student

If you can spot this kid out at the beginning of class, grab a pen and a spare notebook. Write down everything they say and at the end of the class, you will have successfully written a fictional biography of this kid's life. Every subject brought up in a class discussion will have someway and somehow affected this person's personal life. Guess what: they are going to make sure they find the time to tell you. "These types of students are funny to have in class." - no one, ever.

6. Would someone please pass this person a tissue?

I learned almost the first week of class to ALWAYS pack tissues when coming to class. Sneezing and coughing are sure to come, especially in this area during the wintertime. However, there is always one person that sniffs and hacks the whole class. If they would simply go to the bathroom and blow their nose, the problem would be solved. Instead, this person will find every other possible solution to stop their nose from running, except going and blowing their nose. The constant-sniffing person has the worst runny nose during exams.

7. Everything is Extra Credit and open book exams

After the professor has passed out all the papers, this guy will interrupt a dead silence and ask the professor, "Is this extra credit?" On exam days, you get a little changeup and he will ask, "This is open book, right?" He does not miss one chance to say that. He knows the answer every time, but will strive to fail, asking those two lines. This guy does not regularly attend class.

These are all the types of people that ruin your day and the ones that give you stories to tell your roommates as soon as you get home. They have also all been known to cause stress. Keep a heads up in your classes this fall for these kids.