Dear Class Of 2017

Dear Class Of 2017

I'm this old already?

4
Dear Class Of 2017
Fanpop

Dear College Classes of 2017,

This is our last summer as an undergrad, how awesome is that? Next summer, we'll be graduated and either moving on in our educational journey or we'll be starting a career in our field (hopefully!). It feels like just yesterday that we were at our freshman orientation, meeting people that were either in our major, minor, dorm rooms, etc., and now here we are two semesters away from graduation—man, time really flies!

Growing up, we all couldn't wait to be in college or become adults, and now that we're here, we wish we could be 10 again; I wish all my troubles were the same as back then, especially putting a band-aid on my "boo-boo" and it making the pain go away! Gosh, life doesn't work like that... unless there is a giant life band-aid out there that I haven't come in contact with yet!

Being in college has taught me many things, not just school related. I've learned how to manage friendships better because some of the friendships made in college are long-distance friendships, I've learned how to study efficiently, I've learned who God made me to be. The most important changes in your life happen in college, can you believe that we started this change almost four years ago and next year will be the last time that we are all on the same campus together, tearing it up for the last two semesters?

To the professors that had to deal with us either every day, every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or just on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm sorry for all the times that I was late for class, slept during class, didn't pay attention or just didn't come to class because I didn't feel like getting out of bed. Lucky for you, you still have us for two more semesters, so you won't have to miss us doing the things listed above just yet!

Here is some advice for the underclassman: whatever you decide to do on campus and if you second guess things but decide to do it anyway, don't get caught! College is and will always be the best years of your life. Live it up while you can because one day you may regret not going all out during college! But, don't wish your college years away so fast because in the blink of an eye, those four years of undergrad will be gone and you'll never get them back!

Coming from an incoming senior, I wish I knew back then what I know now because I feel like I would've experimented more in college with different things, and I wish I would've been more outgoing. But don't get me wrong, so far, I've loved my college career and I don't regret doing anything, nor do I regret not doing something.

Class of 2017, enjoy your last summer as undergrads and let's make these next two semesters memorable!

Sincerely,

A very anxious incoming senior!