9 Christmas Traditions To Start With Your Significant Other

9 Holiday Traditions To Start With Your Partner That'll Forever Be All You Want For Christmas

7. Gift at least one sentimental, homemade gift.

118

The holidays can be such a fun time of year, one centered around family and loved ones. Everyone who celebrates does so slightly differently, so learning about your significant other's traditions can be a lot of fun. Introducing each other to the many things you love about the season is so important, not to mention fun.

But why not also make some new traditions together? Here are 9 Christmas traditions you and bae can consider starting together:

1. Make a gingerbread house. 

Or a gingerbread village. Or ugly Christmas sweater cookies.

2. Watch all the Christmas classics and bake cookies. 

Christmas pjs would be a great addition too!

3. Go see local Christmas lights. 

Some neighborhoods get really into the Christmas season - look around your city or town!

4. Gift an ornament each year. 

You're collection will gradually grow!

5. Visit Christmas Town or a Christmas Marketplace. 

There is always so much to look at! And you can find some awesome gifts along the way.

6. Write Christmas Eve notes of gratitude. 

Exchange notes to each other on Christmas Eve detailing your love for one another, your favorite memories from the last couple months, etc.

It can be anything! Some of my favorites are "Open When..." letters or a deck of cards that have one thing you love about your S.O. on each card.

8. Fill a stocking for each other. 

Stockings are one of my favorite parts of Christmas so it's something we always incorporate!

9. Reflect on the previous year, and set goals for the following. 

The new year is coming up!

What traditions do you and your significant other like incorporating into your holiday season?

Follow Swoon on Instagram.